Send good vibes

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok the last of our cats is getting fixed on monday , i had my females done over 2 months ago now and still got 2 females to go once there old enough. he goes in monday morning but has to stay over? i knew females had to here but i dint know about males? i thought it was more of a simple op? its been so long since i had to have a male cat done 5 years ago , so maybe things changed ? as back then they came out early evening.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess each vet decides what they are going to do. My males and females I brought in at 6:00 am and they were on their way home with me at 3:30 pm.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always read that the male is by far the simpler yet my male also stayed over night for "observation". My wife suspects this is a way of padding the bill, but I will reserve my judgement and let you know this is the same experience I had.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends what time the operation is scheduled for. If he is going to be done late on in the day, they may want to keep him overnight as he may not be out of the anaesthetic in time for you to take him home.

If I were you, I would ask the vet why they want to keep him overnight (and there may well be a satisfactory reason, at least your mind will be at rest!)

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I worked at a clinic, they told everyone they'd go home the same day, but when something went wrong (which was relatively rare), it's like in human medicine... they aren't exactly completely honest, they say they are keeping them for "observation" that night, and it's true, but it's usually because someone wasn't watching respiration or the heart monitor went out (we had horrible equipment). Usually things were o.k. the next day, but you know, it's just one of those phrases that has multiple uses.
I suspect some vets use it to pad the bill too.

Obviously, I didn't work there long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
na it isnt nothing to do with the bill that is the same price , and he has the appomint for 9.30am , so maybe they take in a few that day and he might be last on the list? anyway i will ask them monday morning when itake him there , cant waite as he has started spraying , which i hope isnt to late to help stop it . thanx for the replys x

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanx for that TNR , cant wait , but also worried like normal lol

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok he went in this morning , i phoned at 5 pm they said everything was fine , picking him up at 9.30 tomorrow , cant waite , wonder if he will hate me lol

poohandwendy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nah, he will hate THEM...you will be the hero because you are bringing him back home. He doesn't know that you knew what they were going to do, LOL!

Glad to hear it went well, warm healing vibes for hima and thank you for giving another cat the gift of spay/neuter!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok picked him up , he seems great , but none of my other cats will go near him , even his sister who was unserprebale wont go near him , they hiss at him and all sorts ??? will this pass , is it because he has different smells ? i feel so sorry for him

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

ok picked him up , he seems great , but none of my other cats will go near him , even his sister who was unserprebale wont go near him , they hiss at him and all sorts ??? will this pass , is it because he has different smells ? i feel so sorry for him
Yes....even my cats who have lived together for over 8 years will hiss at each other when they get back from the vet. Just give it time..and everything will be ok.

Katie

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanx , you was right they are alot better with each other today , still some hissing between a few of them , i think it has just upset the ballance in the house , got it all again when the kittens are old enough to be spayed lol