Hurry And Help

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my g-maw is about to kill her Himalayian and i cant take it i have too many himalayians.
and she wont take it to the shelter
we will give her away we live in greenville sc
but we will ship her for $100
thank you
hannah Lee

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catbabe12

my g-maw is about to kill her Himalayian and i cant take it i have too many himalayians.
thank you
hannah Lee
I don't understand...why are you willing to ship her but you won't take her to the shelter???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it is my g-maws cat she wont do anything but kill it and i need a good home for her

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

it is my g-maws cat she wont do anything but kill it and i need a good home for her
What will you do if you can't find her a home?

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i will do somthing or anything to keep her from killing the cat she just stresses it out

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Where did she get the cat from? If she got it from a reputable breeder they probably had in their contract that the cat must be returned to them if the owner doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want it. If she got it elsewhere, I would try contacting purebred cat rescues and your local cat rescues and see if they have room or what their policies are on taking owner surrenders. If a group is full but the cat has been fully vetted you could always ask if they would courtesy post the cat for you to help get the cat more exposure.

Just to be clear though since you said she only wants to kill it- she is ok with you searching for a new home for the cat, right? The reason I ask is because she would need to be the one to sign over ownership and give permission to have the catâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s vet records released. If she is not willing to do that to an organization, I would ask if she would give you ownership of the cat so you can search for a suitable home without having to worry about the catâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s safety.

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
her naighbor gave it to her so i think she might give it to me so i can find it a home

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

her naighbor gave it to her so i think she might give it to me so i can find it a home
That's probably the best you can hope for in this situation. Get her to give the cat to you, and then you can look for a home. At least it will be safe while the search continues.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why does she want to kill it? Just because it gets stressed out or she no longer wants it? That seems hardly a reason to kill an animal...we don't do that to people after all...

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

thank you
hannah Lee
Hannah...I do hope this cat is spayed.

Katie

babytobee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think I quite understand the whole killing thing. She seriously wants to kill it. Like, for reals. If wants to kill it, why wouldn't she just take it to a shelter? I don't get it. Is there something else going on here...?

~Amy

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NNNOOOO!!!!!!

if i lived there i would look into taking it in.
that is terrible that there are no other options.
whats wrong with the cat..be honest.
Got any pics?

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thats what i say but shes crazy lol. the cat will be placed in a new home on monday

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

thats what i say but shes crazy lol. the cat will be placed in a new home on monday
Hannah..you didn't answer my question...I do hope that if you are rehoming this cat that it is already spayed...otherwise, I would recommend getting the procedure done before it goes into a new home.

Katie

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh yes she is spayed sorry i have alot on my mind

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why couldn't you keep it? weren't you just posting about catching a stray and keeping him? Why would you let "g-maw" kill her cat and keep a stray? I don't understand, I guess. you don't have "Carrhart", yet, right? why don't you trap and neuter him, then release him, and then you could keep the other?

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well momma is keepin carrhart and i have to many cats for anymore but i would make sure she would not get killed

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I dont even want to hear anyone say she is a montster. she just doesnt know what best so donr make mean coments like that.
Often, older people grew up in a very different culture, and animals were not considered companion pets but rather expendable commodities....A harsh reality, but life, IMO, was indeed harsher back then. Thankfully, things have changed greatly, and with humans becoming more educated, the world is a better place for animals in general, and our pets especially
The fact that your grandmother stresses the cat out indicates that she hasn't researched cat communications, etc... maybe she should consider a small dog. You could research "adopting a pet" tips readily available on the internet and discuss getting a different pet for your grandma- just think, she'd be your first client in your career as "pet-adoption" counselor.
I am glad that the kitty gets a new home on Monday and am sending {{{happy re-homing prayers and vibes}}}out your way
Susan