Who's going to win?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whenever I work from home, like today, I end up in a battle of wills with Gracie over who's going to sit in the desk chair. Normally, she could care less about sitting here, but when I'm trying to work she HAS to have this seat.

She's tried the cute, snuggly, purry, routine, sitting on my lap while I work.
She's also been walking back and forth across the keyboard, laying on the keyboard and sitting beside the keyboard meowing at the top of her lungs. This is all because SHE wants the chair. Whenever I get up for a minutes and come back, there she is, sitting in my seat, looking all cute and smug. Since there's not room for both of us, unless she's on my lap, I've been picking her up and moving her, leading to loud protests on her part.

In a few minutes, I have two-hour conference call. It would be helpful to be at my desk during this time, but since Gracie HAS to have the chair, I'll move into the dining room. Yes, I could close the door to my office, but then she'd just stand outside "yelling."

Of course, Gracie will now need to move into the dining room to sit in the middle of all my paperwork while I'm on the phone.

Guess I don't really need to ask who's going to win. Gracie does. Everytime!

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Come on, Mom. Gracie just wants to help. Help confuse the computer, help scattering your papers all over the house, help by running off with your pens, ect. ect. ect.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

1.-This is all because SHE wants the chair. Whenever I get up for a minutes and come back, there she is, sitting in my seat, looking all cute and smug.

2.-Yes, I could close the door to my office, but then she'd just stand outside "yelling."

3.-Guess I don't really need to ask who's going to win. Gracie does. Everytime!
1.-....Oh my!...
....If I were you, I
to give to her what she wants!....

2.-...I to know that Attitude..

3.-...
.YUP......I to know too, who going to lose the Battle...

...Oh My Eileen, you crack me up with this!!!!..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Update:

Fortunately, the call only lasted an hour and I realized I had to be at the computer to access a couple of documents, so had to deal with Gracie either sitting on my lap or demanding I get up and move. She got rather loud a couple of times, so I had to explain to the other folks on the call and they good a laugh out of it.

It's just Gracie that does this. Peter's always in the room when I'm on the computer, but isn't interested in THE CHAIR! Katie and Claire are usually engaged in other feline pursuits, such as bird-watching or beauty sleep.

Next time, I'll have to remember to have a head of lettuce on hand. Maybe then I'll win!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's my house too Eileen!!! Funny thing though, if I am not trying to be on the internet....she does not try to get on the chair?! hmmmmm.....it's like she just wants to do what ever I am doing.....or to drive me crazy......and the same at the dinner table. I put one thing on the table, and she is the 1st one at the table....I do not let her eat at the table....but she sits in MY chair, across from Daddy. I put her down on the floor, turn to get something from the oven, and there she is back on my chair again!!!
I think she wants to be Mrs. DH.....if she was another woman, we'd be fightin' that's fur sure....

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine aren't allowed in the office because
1) The noise the computer makes scares Damita
2) Ophelia likes to poo on daddy's paperwork
3) Dorian always messes with the fax machine
4) Lily likes to eat paper

Was there ever any doubt that Gracie would win? I don't think so!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heather, it sounds like you and Lucky Girl have a competition going on there!

How come you guys are so sure Gracie will win? Don't you have any confidence in me to outsmart my cat?