Do women adopt cats because they can't get a man?

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A ludicrous idea!
But it's out there; you know it is.

Even your best (married) friends will go off and whisper, "Poor thing.
She got another cat."

Is it true? Are we just pretending to be happy
in our manless homes-with-toilet-seats down, using our time and energy to cater to the cats?

Do men view us the same as our married whispering friends?

Could it be that married whispering friends are .... Oh, I don't know ... envious?

Yes, it's out there,
and you'd think we're all just an hour or so away from being homeless with the cats piled into a shopping cart or bringing in cats until our home is featured on Animal Cops: They pulled 243 cats from the walls and ceilings.

Just wondering.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's not really an image here - most people's idea of the crazy cat lady here comes from the Simpsons. All of the cat lovers I know here are all happily shacked up/married.

Anyway, BF technically has more cats than I do. The only two that are "mine" are the first two curled up together in my sig.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I had a man before I had a cat!

The cats are still here, the man isn't. Tell you something?
yea the cat ate the man.
hehe just kidding by the way

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats not why I have a cat...BUT I know alot of time when I mention to a guy that I have a cat and no man...they usually make fun of me...

I was in talks with a guy at the gym..and that didn't work out, but now everytime he sees me, he says "how's Trout?" All sarcastic like I'm some crazy cat lady...come on I only have one cat!!

wickedkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

That's not really an image here - most people's idea of the crazy cat lady here comes from the Simpsons. All of the cat lovers I know here are all happily shacked up/married.

Anyway, BF technically has more cats than I do. The only two that are "mine" are the first two curled up together in my sig.
I agree. I've lived with my partner for 6 years and we had to leave our cats with his parents when we moved down here from Scotland because we went into a rented flat that didn't allow pets. Mind he did get me 2 as an early Chrimbo pressie because we bought our own house earlier this year.

Whilst I have my own bond with them, they completely have him wrapped around their paws

lorina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I adopted recently departed Sheba when I was 16, so she certainly wasn't a replacement for a man. Unless you count my boy-cat Rambo who'd died a few months prior.

Gracie & Gypsy were both adopted after I was married. My husband is kind of an enabler.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dad married my Mom even after she told him it'd be a package deal. He'd get a wife, a daughter (my older sister), and a cat!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, at least cats hit their toliet 90% of the time!

I got a cat AND a man in the same day!
The day Reggie and I moved in together, we adopted Sammy...THE SAME DAY! But sometimes I prefered Sammy cuddling over him... at least he didn't steal the blankets

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last time around, I had the man and then got the ctats. I've since left the man but, I STILL have the cats (and dogs).

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at it this way,
Men love when you feed them
Cats would rather you feed them than have to work for it.

Men never put the seat down
Cats need you to clean the litter

Men are helpless when sick
Cats are unable to help themselves when sick

Hey... having a cat is like training for having a man!

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, if that is the case then we can safely turn around say :

Men get dogs because they can't get a woman - right

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last man (I use the term LOOSELY) i had a relationship with had a cat of his own. This was when I still had my cockatiel.

I don't think he got his cat because he couldn't find any women.

And truthfully? I prefer my kitty in bed next to me purring me to sleep than having to listen to a snoring man keep me awake.