Vibes needed for Amad (Maddie)

cyclesarah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi guys...it has been a long time since I have been around, but I really need some good vibes right now.

One of my ginger twins, Maddie, is not well and I am sick with worry. Aside from being diagonsed with HCM this last month, he has also been experiencing "fits" the last month and a half. At first it was just a random one...then two days later another. He was fine for a bit (but he could have been having them when we were asleep, at work etc) and we took him to the vet when they had started, and he didn't know what the cuase could be, and to keep an eye on him. Well, now he is having them every day, and has had 4 in the last 24 hours. We have an appt. for 2:10 this afternoon, and I am just so sad, as I do not know what is ailing him, but it cannot be good. When he has his "fits" he seems to lose awareness, his back legs get rubbery to where he cannot walk well or use them at all...he lays down on the ground and gets very rigid, and scrunches his face up. He usually draws one paw up (or extends the same paw as if reaching for something) and he purrs very loudly. Then, within a min or two, he is fine. He seems tired but can get up and play and is his usual self, for the most part. They are happening alot now, and I don't know why. I am worried that the vet will not know, either.

So...any thoughts or vibes you all could send our way would be great. I am so scared that we are going to lose him, I am just sick right now with worry.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh heck
heres sending tons & tons of positive healthy {{{{{vibes }}}}} whizzing your way for Little Maddie. I am sorry I cannot offer any specific advice, hopefully as our other members awake around the world, you will get some ideas........or have you had chance to do some searches on the internet ?
I know 2.10 will seem miles away, but hopefully the vets may have had chance to find out more about this condition, you are doing the best for your little sweetheart

Heres some
from me and some
for all of you from my kitty crew to take you through the forthcoming days.
Please keep us updated, my thoughts & prayers are with you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cyclesarah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys
I appreciate your support. I am not going anywhere....

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh Sarah, how worrying for you and little Amad!
I hope the vet is able to give you the answers you crave and get your sweet little boy back to his usual self!

Plenty of Health and Healing }}}VIBES{{{ heading to Amad and lots of
and Calming }}}VIBES{{{ to you

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*hugs for you and Maddie*

What you describe happening to him sounds like seizures. Can they check his little head for tumors? Sudden onset of seizures, at least in humans, is most often a result of head trauma of some kind, including tumors. Other causes of seizures can be diabetes and heart problems. I see that your kitty has HCM, so what is happening could be a result of that. Even hormone and electrolyte imbalances. Make sure your vet looks into that too.

I'll certainly be sending out all the positive vibes and thoughts that I can muster for your little guy. I found a link to an old thread in another forum and both of your babies are so sweet looking.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any advice but wanted to send my good vibes and prayers {{ }}

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sending lots and lots of vibes to you and your sweet boy

cyclesarah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's what we were thinking. His one vet didn't think it was seizures, but as they have progressed and gotten worse, that is the first thing that comes to mind. I am definately thinking tumors; that is one of the possibilities that is scaring me.
Thanks for your support.

cyclesarah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and positive vibes. We are going to leave for the vets in a little over an hour...fingers crossed we can get some answers...

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cyclesarah

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and positive vibes. We are going to leave for the vets in a little over an hour...fingers crossed we can get some answers...
yep............fingers, toes, kitty paws............everything crossed for you & Maddie oh...................and lots of

cyclesarah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you, ladies. We are leaving here in about 30 mins. He is sleeping right now, and I am just so sad to have to wake him when he looks so peaceful. I hate taking him to the vet....
My tummy is just in knots right now. I hope all goes well.

I will report back as soon as we get home.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Sarah,
my heart aches for you.

I was not a TCS member when you adopted your two adorable ginger boys, Riley and Amad.
Susan provided a link with their background so I was able to see your beautiful boys as kittens.
I am sending lots of vibes of hope, strength and healing to you & your boy.((((hug))))

Amad

cyclesarah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone - Thank you so very much for your healing vibes that you have sent Maddie's way.

We are back from the vet, and much as I anticipated, the vet was baffled with Maddie's symptoms. I guess the *one* good thing (?) is that Maddie actually had a mild attack while we were there, so the vet could at least see firsthand. He said that he has never seen anything like this before. So...he ordered a blood workup (now Maddie's side and neck are shaved
) and we are being referred to a neuro dr. *sigh* So...until then, we can just sit and wait. As soon as I find out when that appt is, I will let you all know!

Thanks again for sticking with us...*hug*