I feel like I'm back in NY!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's snowing, it's sticking, it's cold. Folks are abandoning their cars on the side of the road to try and walk home (those who live in Issaquah)...what a mess it is here!

I'm relieved dh is on vacation to handle any snow driving tomorrow, because it's been 11 years since I did a lot of icy, snowy driving and I have a ton of packages to ship on Tuesday.

It doesn't help that they don't plow our street (or sand)...it's just not something they usually need to do in this area of WA state.

So...brrrrr...and in the meantime, back "home" in central NY, my mom tells me it's in the 50's!

Yesterday, we lost power (after the wind blew hard for a few minutes...seriously) for about 5 hours...from mid-afternoon to mid evening. We had a great time! We used cordless lights that were charged up, put the tea pot on the fireplace, and played Canasta

Tyler was a tad suspicious about being assist-fed by large flashlight
but all in all, we managed well.

It's possible we may lose power again (currently in one area of the state, over 10,000 are without power), and between that and my business, I am not sure how often I can drop in for the next couple of days.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
man people here always seem to forget when it snows SLOW DOWN
seems it takes a couple of snows each year for people to remember that.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't forget that when it slows you need more time to get to places!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SHHH stop useing the S word..oh and you can keep it.LOL we here in minnesota dont want any..thanks

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was funny watching the football game last night-noirmally that weather would have been what should have been happening in Green Bay instead of Seattle!!
Guess you get to blame El Nino!!

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I talked to my sister in Everett, she had 6" in the yard and they are expecting more. She says she is glad now that she took vacation time so she doesn't have to drive!!
I didn't watch the football game but I can just imagine what it was like when all those people left!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

SHHH stop useing the S word..oh and you can keep it.LOL we here in minnesota dont want any..thanks
Speak for yourself!
I'm in MN and I want the snow!! Send it my way please!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

HEY! I'm in MN & I want some snow!
Kenz & I will take it all....you can stay snow free!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat
Please keep the rest of it by you... I dont want anymore

Tyler
I completely understand

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had about three inches here this morning (Oregon) I had already arranged to take the day off to have my snow tires put on. I had to wait before going out because there was frozen slush on the road. But now I have the tires on so there will be no more snow, that's how it always works! I'm a rural mail carrier so if it snows I have to drive in it and I don't like it. I like freezing rain less and that is supposed to happen in a couple of days! YUK!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well you other mn types can keep it than, i dont want any in the twin cities area. people drive like ..knuckle butts.

now..if you ask my husky..she will say she wants it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband has lived here a lot longer than I and he doesn't remember ever having snow like this in November, or an entire day under 32 degrees F.

The roads here are horrendous, and it's to go down into the teens tonight.

Keep in mind, this area of WA state, if you see the 20's several times over the winter, that's it. Maybe a bit of snow that sticks 2 or 3 times. Nothing like this. Folks here have trouble driving sanely in hard rain, snow and ice? Forget about it.

At least no further power outages since Sunday

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah Western Washington's snow reality usually doesn't happen till around February.
Still, last time I saw any decent ammount of accumulation in the Seattle area was back in 96.

We are currently having our first snow storm here in Utah, lots of black ice out there right now.
The dog will be overjoyed when we get enough snow for him to play in.
He gets so excited when he sees his bad weather coat come out of the closet.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't head into work physically until nearly noon - worked via email this morning. I am ready for this cold and snow snap to be over!!! When is summer again?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You noticed, of course, that that "S" word is a four-letter word.
We've got what you've got, Pat. It's a royal pain in the patoot, and I can't wait for the temp to go up, a couple of days of sun to melt it off the trees, and then a good drenching to wash it all away. And after the drenching we got the first half of this month, that's not something I wish for lightly. However, I hear there's more snow on the way first.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey I was glad to not have snow in NY this past weekend! Last year we went up there for Thanksgiving and it was awful! Got our brand new car (litterally had it just about a month at the time) covered in salt! Yuck! I don't drive in yucky weather like that. Work would have to come get me or do without me!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

It was funny watching the football game last night-noirmally that weather would have been what should have been happening in Green Bay instead of Seattle!!
Guess you get to blame El Nino!!
I also turned on the game and asked my husband - are they playing in Green Bay? He gave me the duh look then realized it was snowing in Washington state!!

Good luck with your deliveries! I think the ice is supposed to hit here tomorrow night.