flu shots

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Owwww! I got my flu shot 2 days ago and my arm still hurts
I even skipped curves today because I couldn't wrap my head around doing my arm exercises on one arm.
I hate needles!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to get one,but I got sick and can't get over being sick.It's been going on for over a month now.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got mine Saturday morning and my arm is still killing me. This is the worst pain the flu shot has given me yet.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The person who gave you the shot must have nicked a nerve when they gave it to you. I've only ever had one flu shot that caused my arm to hurt and that was because they nicked a nerve. I got my flu shot 10 days ago and didn't even feel it. Though I was tired for a few days after getting it, but I also had a pneumonia shot at the same time.

Apply ice to your arm. It should feel better in a day or two.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my DH and I had sore arms for a couple of days afterwords this year, worse than any other year, and the shot was painless.
Still better than getting the flu!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone told me that this year they are injecting you with more than just the regular flu. Apparently its 3 or 4 kinds of flu this year and thats why its bothering so many people.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still have to get my flu shot I have an apointment on the 4th so that should be good. I have been sneezing all year due to allergies, so not sneezing would be a welcome change

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

Someone told me that this year they are injecting you with more than just the regular flu. Apparently its 3 or 4 kinds of flu this year and thats why its bothering so many people.
I had a sore arm for almost 10 days, along with a HUGE red mark from where they injected me this year.

I asked the nurse what the mix was this year, and she told me it is exactly the same as last year, which got me thinking that she honestly has no idea. Why would they repeat the same mix as last year - I GOT that one already!

Plus, I didn't have as bad a reaction to the shot last year, or in the years before it, either, so I'm positive that it wasn't the same mix!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I had a sore arm for almost 10 days, along with a HUGE red mark from where they injected me this year.

I asked the nurse what the mix was this year, and she told me it is exactly the same as last year, which got me thinking that she honestly has no idea. Why would they repeat the same mix as last year - I GOT that one already!

Plus, I didn't have as bad a reaction to the shot last year, or in the years before it, either, so I'm positive that it wasn't the same mix!
I still have a bit of a sore arm. It's been 3 days now. I don't have a red mark, but my boyfriend has a nice big bump on his arm from it. Theres no way its the same as last year. I have never had a problem with it until this year, neither has my boyfriend.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have to sign a consent form, usually they have the types of flu that are being given, on the consent form.

I know one year I had a nerve nicked and boy.....I had problems for a month.

The other thing is, of course, you are getting the shot that contains what showed up for the flu bug LAST year. For obvious reasons, they can't give you the shot for THIS year's flu bugs, they don't know what will break out. So at best, we are always a year behind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

If you have to sign a consent form, usually they have the types of flu that are being given, on the consent form.

I know one year I had a nerve nicked and boy.....I had problems for a month.

The other thing is, of course, you are getting the shot that contains what showed up for the flu bug LAST year. For obvious reasons, they can't give you the shot for THIS year's flu bugs, they don't know what will break out. So at best, we are always a year behind.
I could have sworn that we were getting what the flu was last year in Asia. From what I've read thats the way that these things flow through the world, so they can reliably predict that what was in Asia last year will be here this year, which is why we get what we get.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess I was lucky I got mine a month ago and not one bit of a sore arm at all. Other years I have had a day or two of soreness.