Cat got spayed today and now I can't find her in my Apartment

jensm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took in a stray cat back and June. Over time she has warmed up to us. Today she was spayed and she got home today around 4. She is indoor only and was sleeping the last time I saw her. She hasn't eaten since last night, so I figured she would be hungry by now. We have torn the apartment apart looking for her but cannot seem to find her. Any thoughts on if cats tend to hide really well after a surgical procedure? She was not a happy camper when she got home today. Any help at all with this situation would be very helpful.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is probably hiding because she is in pain. I would give her a little more time and see if she comes out on her own.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jensm

I took in a stray cat back and June. Over time she has warmed up to us. Today she was spayed and she got home today around 4. She is indoor only and was sleeping the last time I saw her. She hasn't eaten since last night, so I figured she would be hungry by now. We have torn the apartment apart looking for her but cannot seem to find her. Any thoughts on if cats tend to hide really well after a surgical procedure? She was not a happy camper when she got home today. Any help at all with this situation would be very helpful.
Just give her time...she may have found a hiding place to rest. BTW...thank you so much for having her spayed. It's so much better for her health.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jensm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
WE FOUND HER!!!!! She managed to get under a dresser. We still don't know how? We feel much better now. Thank You!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't be surprised how a cat can scrunch itself into such a small, flat body and squirm under something that you would never think it could get under because that is probably where she is.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and welcome to the TCS - Oh the little monkies put us through it dont they
glad shes found, bless her, I bet she was a tad fed-up . Hopefully shes settling well and on her way to recovery !

Once you get chance maybe you could post some photos of the little sweetheart
we just love photos here

Enjoy the forums and keep us updated about her recovery

wickedkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Don't be surprised how a cat can scrunch itself into such a small, flat body and squirm under something that you would never think it could get under because that is probably where she is.
It is rather amazing. We lost Boo once and after tearing the entire house apart looking for her I finally found her inside one of the drawers of our bedside table. She had actually managed to squeeze herself between the slats and was just laying there purring at me when I opened it.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was gonna suggest to check EVERY cabinet door, closet, dresser, sofa, etc. but you found her....they are amazing at hide n seek if they don't want to be found! And also notice thaty you can call and call and they will not answer.

I hate that - especially if you have a talkative cat to begin with
Its like they are up to no good or somewhere that they should not be

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you found her! She should be feeling better soon.

Reminds me of when I thought Saki got out. I tore the whole apartment apart (or so I thought). He didnt come out when I called, shook treats, toys and that was ODD because he LOVES stuff like that. I looked outside all over the neighborhood for 4 hours. I was just beside myself. Turns out he was under the bed the whole time!!! My boyfriend had brought home a helium balloon earlier in the day and I guess it totally freaked him out. UGH Cats!!! LOL.