I need help!!

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought another $300 himalayain to breed with my $600 female and he dosnt seam interested in her and they are not doing anything. Whats wrong? did i spend $900 for nothing?? should i get hime fixed or find another queen?? HELP!!!!!!!
also my cat quilt had kittens with a stay last night and is not mothering this like she should. i am bottle feeding them. what should i do?? i have been a nervouse wreck

Thank you

Hannah Lee

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catbabe12

I bought another $300 himalayain to breed with my $600 female and he dosnt seam interested in her and they are not doing anything. Whats wrong? did i spend $900 for nothing?? should i get hime fixed or find another queen?? HELP!!!!!!!
also my cat quilt had kittens with a stay last night and is not mothering this like she should. i am bottle feeding them. what should i do?? i have been a nervouse wreck

Thank you

Hannah Lee
Hannah....regarding your question about why your cats are not breeding...I would really recommend that you post that question in the breeders forum:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

The majority of individuals on this forum are dealing with accidental pregnancies and I truly think you need to discuss that dilemma with the other breeders.

As far as Quilt's litter....what do you mean by she is not mothering them like she should? Is she leaving them? Have you set her and her kittens up in a nesting box with a clean sheet? Is her food/water and litter close by so she doesn't have to leave them to eat and go to the bathroom? Is she set up in a room with a door so she doesn't have the ability to leave them? Has she been seen by a vet?

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Quilt is in a room with a closed door and her food and water are closeby but she is just picking up the kittens and taking them to the otherside of the room and leaving them

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Quilt is in a room with a closed door and her food and water are closeby but she is just picking up the kittens and taking them to the otherside of the room and leaving them
She's taking all the kittens out of the box to the other side of the room and leaving them there? She's not tending to them?? What about moving the box to where she has moved the kittens. See if she moves them yet again.

Katie

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ill try that hold on

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she is in the box but wont le them nurse

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes and grawling at them. she is a first time mom.

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have fed them kitten formula but i havr goat outside and i will milk them. i have 8 kittens bottles

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
have you been handling the kittens a lot? or could they have gotten something on them that would make them smell different? it's possible she doesn't recognize them if they smell different.

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have not touched them exsepct for feeding them

trixtersmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe she is feeding off of your stress? Try to stay calm around her, maybe that would help. I hope she starts taking care of them soon!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe she is feeding them when you arent around. I hve had a few fosters who were so happy to see me when i came in that they forgot all aabout their babies. But they nursed jsut fine when I wasn't there.

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the kittens are crying now

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

the kittens are crying now
Newborn kittens need to be fed often:

Birth to 1 week: Feed every 3 hours (8 feedings per day)

From 1 to 3 weeks: Feed every 4 hours (6 feedings per day)

From 3 to 4 weeks: Feed every 5 hours (5 feedings a day)

From 4 to 5 weeks: Feed four to five times a day.

Total Formula required per day
Birth to 1 week: 24cc

1 week: 32cc

2 weeks: 54cc

3 weeks: 80cc

4 weeks: 104cc

5 weeks: 128cc

As a guide, a kitten should drink about 8cc's of formula per ounce of body weight per day.

For example, a kitten that is only one or two days old, will need 24cc divided into 8 feedings, which is 3cc per feed. He may drink a little more or less but you'll know if he's receiving enough formula by monitoring his weight gain.

catbabe12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ive fed them and about to feed them agian quilt will let them lay in the box now but wont let them nurse