TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Does anyone know.............
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does anyone know.............

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Much about Yahoo??? I went to check my yahoo mail today, and it is telling me I have the wrong password, AND I have not changed it!! I am totally confused here. I am wondering if somehow someone got in there and somehow changed it?!?! Ughh.........if anyone knows, please tell me! I had to open up a new acct, and its such a mess!!
post #2 of 13
That just happened to me - sojmeone had hijacked my account.

You need to email them and tell them what's going on. They will email you back asking questions about you, like your security question, then they will give you a new password, which will let you get in and fix things.

Stinks - email them asap - you need to go right through the yahoo login pages, it's a submit form kind of thing.
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
That just happened to me - sojmeone had hijacked my account.

You need to email them and tell them what's going on. They will email you back asking questions about you, like your security question, then they will give you a new password, which will let you get in and fix things.

Stinks - email them asap - you need to go right through the yahoo login pages, it's a submit form kind of thing.
Ya know what though, I dont remember my security question, answer. I emailed them but no response really. Ughh...I hope I get it all sorted out though. I dont wanna lose all my buddies on my messenger list and stuff.
post #4 of 13
My sister DH had that problem before and it was someone that knew him that did his. Another thing to look at is if your caplocks are on or were before. Upper and lower case make a difference! Good Luck!
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks View Post
Much about Yahoo??? I went to check my yahoo mail today, and it is telling me I have the wrong password, AND I have not changed it!! I am totally confused here. I am wondering if somehow someone got in there and somehow changed it?!?! Ughh.........if anyone knows, please tell me! I had to open up a new acct, and its such a mess!!
Yahoo has been having a lot of trouble lately. They are trying to do a reorganization and cut back expenses and refine their services, and they've been hacker targets quite a bit. I had to have my Yahoo password reset twice, then just gave up and them and started using Google's gmail.
post #6 of 13
You also want to make sure that you are not capitalizing letters and stuff that should be in lower case, and vice versa. I have a number of accounts on Yahoo and so far have not had a problem.
post #7 of 13
I have been billed for a yahoo account and I DON'T have one!! I would contact them ASAP!! Good luck and I hope it gets all straightened out.
post #8 of 13
Did you by chance have your Caps Lock button on when you typed in your info? Sometimes that'll goof you up on yahoo- i do that on occassion
post #9 of 13
i have been getting alot of links form people saying, click here to check out the new pics, READ WHERE is says its going, there have been some fishing going on.
if you click the link it will get the password off of your system.

i have gotten this from severl people a couple times i know of that dont even post pics.
and one from dead chat friend from several years ago(her son still users her computer)
as always check if the friend to see if they really sent that or not.
post #10 of 13
That really sucks. But there are alot of people in yahoo chat that will do stuff like this so be careful who you trust.....be careful about who you have on your buddy list.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks View Post
Much about Yahoo??? I went to check my yahoo mail today, and it is telling me I have the wrong password, AND I have not changed it!! I am totally confused here. I am wondering if somehow someone got in there and somehow changed it?!?! Ughh.........if anyone knows, please tell me! I had to open up a new acct, and its such a mess!!
If you'd like an invite to g-mail PM me with your e-mail address and I'll invite you.

That is after you get your password reset.
post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
If you'd like an invite to g-mail PM me with your e-mail address and I'll invite you.

That is after you get your password reset.
I cant remember my secret question, to get my password reset!! And I dunno how to get another password. For now I set up a new acct, thats all I knew to do!

Uggh...........this so badly sucks!!
post #13 of 13
I think you don't need to know the question, just tell them you have forgotten your password and they will ask you the question - cat name, mother's name, place of birht etc. Once you are asked the question you will probably remember the answer!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Does anyone know.............