My friend wants me to *watch* her cat!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes-she is asking me to watch her cat, but at MY house, and shes not sure how long.
I dont mind, but one thing, I might get attached...lol. And I seriously doubt shes had shots or anything. I am trying to tell her nicely that I really cant do it, but shes not understanding. If you were in this position, what would you do??

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the safety of your cats you need to make her understand.
I just got done doing the same thing. I'm suppose to watch a cat for someone for 6 weeks while they move and I told them plain and simple - I'd love to watch your boy for you, but for my cats safety you need to take him to the vet first and get a clean bill of health or I can't do it.
Our babies come first.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd talk to her about the shots. If money is an issue for you, but not for her, I'd gently offer to pay for the vet trip. I'm guessing somethings going on if she's not sure how long she needs you to do it for, and if that's the case, she probably needs any help you can spare.

Good vibes going your way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shes actually moving back here from MO, and doesnt have anywhere to keep her cat. Shes staying at her moms, but she refuses to take her there.
I am guessing I would have the cat until they find a place to live.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Shes actually moving back here from MO, and doesnt have anywhere to keep her cat. Shes staying at her moms, but she refuses to take her there.
I am guessing I would have the cat until they find a place to live.
Ah. Ok. Not that I can say I understand... but maybe she has a good reason to keep her cat away from her mother.

(and obviously, in my other post, I meant issue for her, but not for you, but I think you figured that out yourself)

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before I got Anya, I've kept a friends cats (a VERY crabby tortie and an adorable orange tabby kitten) for several weeks before. I loved it, got very attached, but was able to let them go because I know my friend is good to them.

I would insist on the up to date shots, but other than that, unless your current cat(s) are unaccepting, I would say the more the merrier!