Poor Damita...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...this is going to be her 3rd bout with ringworm in 8 months.
I'm having the vet confirm rigworm & getting meds at 2:45pm today. I have to find out why she keeps getting ringworm & if I can't determine a reason why, then I have to stop volunteering with the cats at the shelter. I just can't keep bringing it home!

Nikki, how do you deal with this over & over?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww poor Damita!! Sending many vibes that this bout of ringworm is the last!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

May I please ask......have you tried Lamisil on the ringworm?
Never tried Lamisil. I was actually told by a vet not to use it on kitties. I've treated before with Fulvicin(Grisofulvin) & Conofite cream.

Susie, yes people can get ringworm from cats. I've had it before & will continue to sleep with Damita on my bed. I might get it & I might not!

The vet confirmed the ringworm & gave me Ketoconazole to treat it with. Instead of treating for 30 days, I'll be treating for 10 days. He also said some cats are carriers of ringworm & she may get it again without being exposed. ...shrugs.... Hopefully, this will be her last treatment. I HATE giving meds to a blind cat!
(Check out this link about Keto --- http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_ketoconazole.html)

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The feral group that put kitties at PetsMart told me to use Lamisil. It cleared up the ringworm inside of days. I used it for 10 days to make sure, but, it worked.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Never tried Lamisil. I was actually told by a vet not to use it on kitties. I've treated before with Fulvicin(Grisofulvin) & Conofite cream.

Susie, yes people can get ringworm from cats. I've had it before & will continue to sleep with Damita on my bed. I might get it & I might not!

The vet confirmed the ringworm & gave me Ketoconazole to treat it with. Instead of treating for 30 days, I'll be treating for 10 days. He also said some cats are carriers of ringworm & she may get it again without being exposed. ...shrugs.... Hopefully, this will be her last treatment. I HATE giving meds to a blind cat!
(Check out this link about Keto --- http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_ketoconazole.html)
I am VERY curious as to WHY you were told NOT to use it.My Vet told me specifically TO use it.
I have had it for almost a month now and I am so sick of it.I will NOT be bringing in anymore furbabies.This stuff is REALLy bad.
3 of my 4 kids have gotten it.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really hope that none of my kitties ever get ring worm. It's one of the few things I can't even stand to look at. My sister had it on her hand once when I was a kid, and ever since then it just grosses me out.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Damita has a suppressed Immune system???

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

The feral group that put kitties at PetsMart told me to use Lamisil. It cleared up the ringworm inside of days. I used it for 10 days to make sure, but, it worked.
....Oh Natalie, heard to Janet, maybe could works for Damita!...

My deep good health vibes to her!

keep us updated!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww poor little girl
hope you can get "everything cleared up" I had ringworm once and some how none of the cats got it, I think I got it from the dog. I really think we both need to find a frequent vet shopper card

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Damita has a suppressed Immune system???
I don't know. She keeps getting ringworm & the vet said most cats develop an immunity to it after the first time they get it(or the second
). However, if she is a carrier like the vets suspect, that would account for her getting ringworm again.

I'm honestly not sure why the vet told me not to use Lamisil. I thought that maybe it was because Damita is OCD about grooming herself & that Lamisil would make her really sick if she licked it.

Katie, you have way more cats than I do & I sometimes wonder which of us spends more time & $$ at the vets office!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I dont rembemer to PM you about that pm me ...