My DH is officially a Weirdo

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So after almost 3 years of being with DH he still surprises me. I know he is not a big animal person, so I was quite pleased when he agreed to bring a cat into our home. Hes been very good with Ceci, he even caught her drinking out of the sink the other day and didnt utter a peep about it.

But last night was just weird. I brought Ceci into bed with us because I hadnt been with her all day. He tells me 'Dont tell me you brought the cat in bed' So he launches into a sermon about bringing the cat into bed and I tell him 'she'll just get back up in a bit' so he tells me its fine if she gets into bed but its not fine if I bring her up???

Well this morning I found Ceci sleeping on his head. He just woke up, rubbed her belly and wiped the cat fur off his head. :censor::censor::censor:? I think I do not understand him at all

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's FUNNY.

I'll admit that's close to how it went down with my DH. He was SOOOO hesitant about bringing a cat into our home and now he tries to sleep through her sleeping on his chest and licking his chin because he doesn't want to disturb her. He's also the first one to go, "Look at Anya!" when she doesn something super cute.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's like Colin sometimes, he'll complaine about the kittens once in a while and be a brat- and then I'll walk in the kitchen and catch him with all 5 kittens sitting in his lap purring away and him just sweet talking him. lol....he knows he loves them!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Julie, take it from one wife to another: this whole thing has NOTHING to do with Ceci at all!
It is more about giving your DH attention vs. Ceci getting attention.
My DH acts like a big baby sometimes too with "I think you love them more than you love me".....um, of course I do
they do not leave the toilet seat up, or come home miserable. They are never late for dinner (*gasp imagine?!), they are always happy to see me, and love me no matter how bloated I am, or how sick I am, or how witchy I can be
!
Plus, they purr every time you touch them, instant satisfaction!
And see, Ceci loving him & cuddling with him is completely fine....cause this has nothing to do with competing for your attention!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Julie, take it from one wife to another: this whole thing has NOTHING to do with Ceci at all!
My DH acts like a big baby sometimes too with "I think you love them more than you love me".....um, of course I do
they do not leave the toilet seat up, or come home miserable. They are never late for dinner (*gasp imagine?!), they are always happy to see me, and love me no matter how bloated I am, or how sick I am, or how witchy I can be
!
And see, Ceci loving him & cuddling with him is completely fine....cause this has nothing to do with competing for your attention!
Heather you should write a book!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Steve used to be the same way..

now he cant go to sleep if Jade is not with him on the bed.....he even calls her for bed, and she comes running..if shes not in the bed already lol

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Heather you should write a book!
Thanks Emily
....you are the 2nd person to tell me that in the last 2 weeks....Helen (Bella713) tells me that about every day!
I'm sorry, I just calls it like I sees it!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

!
Wow! I am soon to be a wife, and this is sooo true! I get so much hassle about how I pay more attention to Villy than my fiance!

He didn't want me to get her, but we weren't living together yet then, so I got her anyway, he pretended not to be bothered by her, but now I catch him giving her belly rubs or talking to her in his 'just for villy' voice!

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My DH is always threatning to throw one of the fosters across the room for something or other ---- But this is how he realy feels----

I think somethimes they just want to complain!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

Wow! I am soon to be a wife, and this is sooo true! I get so much hassle about how I pay more attention to Villy than my fiance!

He didn't want me to get her, but we weren't living together yet then, so I got her anyway, he pretended not to be bothered by her, but now I catch him giving her belly rubs or talking to her in his 'just for villy' voice!
My DH has that "just for LuckyGirl voice" too. And I'm tellin' ya, if he told me I was pretty 1/2 as much as he tells LuckyGirl she's pretty, he'd be a much happier husband if you catch my drift!!!