Today I pickup my 3 New Ragdolls...Wooo...Hooo!

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welp........Today I get to pickup my 3 new Ragdolls
I have about a 2 1/2 hour drive each way.....but know that it will be well worth it once I have these three beautys
I am getting 2.....13 week old cream point brothers......plus their 3 year old tortie point mother
I already have 2 Ragdolls.....a 3 year old seal lynx point female......plus her beautiful mitted blue point 5 year old momma
I also have a 9 year old mixed breed rescue male named Uncle Louie
I am just trying to decide how I will introduce all three new Ragdolls to my house hold? Ragdolls are super laid back cats and probably could just release them after letting my crew smell them first
My 9 year old male Uncle Louie may have a problem with the tortie female as he is the boss in the house hold over my other 2 Raggies even thou they are bigger than him
I really think the 5 Ragdolls will bond real quick as there is not a mean streak anywhere within the Ragdoll breed
What do you think? Put the 3 new Ragdolls in a separate room and let them play patty cakes through a cracked door opening......or just release them and watch them very carefully?

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad they are coming home you will have to post pics. I think I would still introduce them properly since that will be a big adjustment for them all.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I agree with Tavias Mom. Even though they are a friendly breed, your original kits will now be outnumbered in their own territory. Best to play it safe. You may be able to speed through the intorduction a little quicker hough if everything appears to be going well.

Congrats on your new additions!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats! I think I am really jealous of you....I want 5 Ragdolls! I would do proper introductions, just to be on the safe side. And, of coure, I can't wait to see pics! I LOVE tortie Raggies!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How excited you must be!!

I cannot wait to see pictures of your new beauties - good luck with the introductions!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would do a proper introduction also beings that not all of them are babies, i think that would be best. Can't wait to see them Congratulations you are going to have your hands fullllll

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welp........just got home with my 3 new little jewels
It was a 197 miles each way......Whew.....All 3 raggies rode in the same carrier and I heard about 4 meows the whole way back..........they were excellent in the car with no messes
My 3 other cats are petrified of the carrier with 6 blue eyes glaring out at them from the center of my room
I have the bathroom set up for the 3 Ragdolls for the night. All 3 cats quickly took a quick pee and went on to explore the bathroom
I feel very lucky to have gotten a mother and her 2 handsome boys for such a bargain price
Tomorrow I will bring them out one at a time to let the others smell each other while in my hands and see how that goes
Pictures will be coming in a few days once they are more comfortable in there new home. This has been a Ragdoll world headline news report........Hehehehe

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww I am glad they all made it home okay and I hope they settle in quickly. What are you naming them.

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not sure what to name the boys........Maybe Heckel and Jackel.........LOL! I really have not had time to think of names for the boys. The mothers name is Chubba Wubba on her paper......LOL! The breeder says she knows her name so I am not going to change it.........The brothers still have to be named thou.

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well day 2 with my 3 new Ragdolls has been weird.......all three new Ragdolls (mother and her 13 week old 2 sons) spent the night in the bathroom. Today I brought out 1 little boy at a time to hold on my lap and show my other 3 cats (2 Ragdolls ....mother and daughter) and my mixed breed Uncle Louie
My original 2 Ragdolls are terrified of them and constantly hiss and growl at the 2 kittens while Uncle Louie just smelled them hissed and walked away
They have not even seen Chubba Wubba (the mother of the kittens) yet
My original Ragdolls are having more issues with the kittens than my Uncle Louie which is 9 years old. I figured it would be the other way around
Later today I will move my 3 new Raggies to my bedroom after it is cleaned out. The bedroom has a sliding door so I can open it a couple of inches so they can all see each other and not get at each other
Wish me luck........Pictures will be coming soon

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Please tell me...........Am I doing things right for introducing my 3 new Ragdolls to my original kitties???? No one is responding to my post
Any other recommendations for my new 3 Ragdolls to meet my 3 original cats would be greatly appreciated....
......I am NO expert here ....I don't want anyone to get beat up if ya know what I mean....Thanks!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say just take it slow, a little bit at a time and I think I would keep them seperate untill you know that they are going to get along, mostely if your not there. And what are you going to do about that name you now need to have a 5 in there

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

WHERE ARE THE PICS???
Digital picture are coming later in the week...........Can I at least ask for some help with the socializing issue first before you ask for pictures
........all the newbies want to tear up the oldies in my home
My 5 year old female (mother of one of my 1 Ragdolls) is very aggressive suddenly.......and is walking forward to swat at my 13 week old boys when I put them in front of her
She is the most laid back cat that I have ever had and am really surprized at her movements toward the baby Ragdolls which are totally innocent and naive here
I guess that I will find out the hard way as there is very little advice here except "When are we gonna get pictures"?? Come on people..........is this all ya have to say?