hi i have a question i hope someone can help me?

kellie_pb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m..._Storm/Pookie/Hi i have a ginger female and i have been told that this is very rare even to the extent and that i could sell her for bloody good money, which i would never dream of she has just had two kittens remarkably both ginger males attached are pics but all i want to know is how true is this as its just winding me up is she rare or no ill attach a pic of her on her own aswell

please if someone can confirm or disregard this is be most greatfull

mcmaggie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's unusual for a female to be ginger. Males only need to have the ginger gene on one chromosome to become ginger, and females have to have it on two, so ginger males outnumber females 3 to 1.

As far as value goes tho, I have no idea.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen quite a number of orange/ginger females. I would't think they can be sold for anything more. They are not as rare as male Calico/Torties. Best to just have her spayed as soon as possible so she doesn't go on having litters. Welcome to TCS!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the cat site!

I don't know the answer to your question, I'm afraid. I would recommend that you talk to your vet about getting your girl and her kits spayed.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!!

I know there are a few members here that have female ginger/orange cats, I know they are rare - but I don't think you could sell her for any sorts of big money.

I hope to see you around the forums!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kellie_pb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you for your advice i didnt think they were worth any money but i was told by 5 or 6 different people and pookie will be having one more litter before i spay her as i know i already have good homes for the kittens to go to and also i think that to not let them have a litter is unfair i can see the change in her already she is a much more relaxed and happy cat then she was before the babys i thank you again and i appreciate the advice and i promis she will be spayed x

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and a warm welcome from Spain and my kitty-crew

I am glad you got some answers to your question, its great here, lots to see and do ...........so be careful, you´ll soon become addicted

Once you get chance maybe you could post some photos of Little Pookie - she sounds such a peach
and we just love photos here

Enjoy the forums !!

kellie_pb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i cant figure out how to do it can you help me?
please xx

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kellie_pb

i cant figure out how to do it can you help me?
please xx
Hi - well as a starter, have a look in these forums for information & rules about posting photos

Cat Lounge, then under Fur Pictures, you will see what is called a "sticky" called "Notice to members - Picture Size" - this gives you rules

then look in

TCS Support Forum, then Tech Talk - lots of posts from other members about posting photos, so if you have a little trawl through those you´ll pick up some tips !

Have fun

kellie_pb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you my dear i'll do that

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

thank you for your advice i didnt think they were worth any money but i was told by 5 or 6 different people and pookie will be having one more litter before i spay her as i know i already have good homes for the kittens to go to and also i think that to not let them have a litter is unfair i can see the change in her already she is a much more relaxed and happy cat then she was before the babys i thank you again and i appreciate the advice and i promis she will be spayed x
First of all, welcome to TCS
As others have told you, ginger females, although outnumbered by ginger males, are not worth any more money than any other cat...at least monetarily

There's another issue, though, and I can tell by your post you're aware of it, and have already been advised otherwise, and that's the issue of letting your kitty breed. I'm sure you've been told before that your kitty should be spayed. You said that it is unfair not to let them have a litter, and although I absolutely disagree with this, I have to point out that you've already let her have a litter, haven't you?
Regardless if you have potential homes for them, those are homes that could take in a kitten who really needs a home. I know kittens are fun, but if you want to have kittens around, how about contacting local shelters, and let them know that you'd be willing to foster a pregnant or nursing mom, or kittens? That way you get to enjoy having them around, you don't add to the already overflowing cat population, and you'd be directly helping out some kitties in need? Everyone wins!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daisy says that Ginger girls are worth their weight in gold

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

Daisy says that Ginger girls are worth their weight in gold
...and in Daisy's case, she's quite right!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!
Although ginger females are not seen as often, so would not be worth more money per se.

Originally Posted by clixpix

There's another issue, though, and I can tell by your post you're aware of it, and have already been advised otherwise, and that's the issue of letting your kitty breed. I'm sure you've been told before that your kitty should be spayed. You said that it is unfair not to let them have a litter, and although I absolutely disagree with this, I have to point out that you've already let her have a litter, haven't you?
Regardless if you have potential homes for them, those are homes that could take in a kitten who really needs a home. I know kittens are fun, but if you want to have kittens around, how about contacting local shelters, and let them know that you'd be willing to foster a pregnant or nursing mom, or kittens? That way you get to enjoy having them around, you don't add to the already overflowing cat population, and you'd be directly helping out some kitties in need? Everyone wins!
I have to second what clixpix has told you here. The shelters are loaded with kittens just looking for a home.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

First of all, welcome to TCS
As others have told you, ginger females, although outnumbered by ginger males, are not worth any more money than any other cat...at least monetarily

Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Welcome to TCS!
Although ginger females are not seen as often, so would not be worth more money per se.

I have to second what clixpix has told you here. The shelters are loaded with kittens just looking for a home.
i have to 3rd it. there are so many cats, not just kittens, that need homes.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is interesting, I'd never heard that ginger females were rare.
BTW...Gracie ( my ginger female ) agrees with Daisy...she says she's worth her weight in gold too

I have to say I agree, she's my little sweetheart.

kellie_pb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the advice could you tell me where some of these homes are as my friends who are looking to home the kittens have had a hard time finding kittens! i hope i am not coming across as rude but i am genuinlly interested! could you name a few for me in all different areas as my friends ar scattered around
thank you kellie
xx

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the advice could you tell me where some of these homes are as my friends who are looking to home the kittens have had a hard time finding kittens! i hope i am not coming across as rude but i am genuinlly interested! could you name a few for me in all different areas as my friends ar scattered around
thank you kellie
xx
try looking at Petfinder. that's where i found Chip, & they usually have a mixture of cats & kittens available.