Is it a ghost?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A friend emailed me this photo of what she believes is a spirit. She was just taking pictures of her cats but it was the first time she used the camera in this room where her aunt died. She used a new digital camera which works fine anywhere else. She'll have the photos (there were more than one) examined by experts.
IMHO, by the way the kitty is relaxing in the drawer, I think it is not a ghost. But who knows? It might be a cat loving spirit.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it is a ghost or an Angel.If you look really close at the top in the middle, you CAN make out a face!!!! I can see the eyes,mouth,and nose on a face.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should go back into the room and take several other photos. Just to compare.

Seeing that the photo shows a window could mean that bright/white light was coming in and possibly reflecting off of something.

Could it be the camera string too? Or the infamous thumb/finger in the photo? Maybe a wisp of hair (is your friend light blonde)?

Otherwise if it's not easily explained away (by the experts), it could be a trail of plasma. See ghost Hunters: http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-s...ics/index.html

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be. I believe in spirits. But sometimes you can just get camera malfunctions that looks similar. So who knows. Let us know what the expert says.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well based on the link Lunasmom posted I think *part* of it looks like a camera strap.... but the other part................. not so sure!

I like that kind of stuff so I am biased- I say it's totally possible it's a ghost!

Edit: Crittermom I don't see a face!! I see maybe where there could be two eyes but I'm not sure if we're looking at the same thing

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SarahBeez

Edit: Crittermom I don't see a face!! I see maybe where there could be two eyes but I'm not sure if we're looking at the same thing
I think I see what Crittermom is talking about.

Many psychologists believe we see shapes/faces to make sense of them in our brains. I.e. when we look at clouds and say one looks like a dog. It's just a way for our brains to make sense of the shape of the cloud.

I attached an edited version of the picture to point out where she sees the face...

You're good at noticing it Crittermom! If it turns out to be a ghost's face kudos to you! I don't see these things until someone points them out!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Oh no, I got the dreaded red cross because Im at work so will have to wait until I get home to see it!
Lauren you are TOO CUTE!!! I am giggling away from this comment....
I get that dreaded cross all day at work from photobucket.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I think I see what Crittermom is talking about.

Many psychologists believe we see shapes/faces to make sense of them in our brains. I.e. when we look at clouds and say one looks like a dog. It's just a way for our brains to make sense of the shape of the cloud.

I attached an edited version of the picture to point out where she sees the face...

You're good at noticing it Crittermom! If it turns out to be a ghost's face kudos to you! I don't see these things until someone points them out!
YES that is it!!!!
I have seen quite a few Angels and Ghosts.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO, if people have the capacity to experience that sort of thing, they usually see/whatever it how they expect to... so to me, they don't look like anything in general. As for a face, I'm not seeing it... those look like ribs...

The cat may not be disturbed, if that is what it is, because it's a familiar person.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going with the camera strap or light reflecting off of something.

Not that I don't believe in ghosts because there are forces beyond us that we have no clue about.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am going with someone is smoking how they took the pic.
i have a couple like that from when i used to smoke and it would drift up into the lens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's my friend's email (edited of course)

"Yayi:

Here's a post-halloween treat for you!

These are photographs taken just this year from our supposedly living room which isn't really used much nowadays and is currently my cats' playground. This living room was were my mom's aunt met her death while she choked on her food several years ago. It was a fast, quick and totally unexpected death. This was also a room where we felt the heavy wooden table move while we were about to play monopoly. Hmmn. Anyway, I was taking a picture of my cat when these smokey apparitions (ectoplasms?) appeared. I thought that it was some sort of motion blur done by using the Olympus digicam with my shaky hand. Took one again and the same thing happened, another smokey apparition, much more of it.Absolutely no camera tricks whatsoever :-)"

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

IMO, if people have the capacity to experience that sort of thing, they usually see/whatever it how they expect to... so to me, they don't look like anything in general. As for a face, I'm not seeing it... those look like ribs...

The cat may not be disturbed, if that is what it is, because it's a familiar person.
I thought it looked like ribs as well and I am still uncertain about it.

meowsas

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I lived in a haunted house and I have had spirit visitations from passed on family members so I totally believe. I never get to 'see' I hear/smell
But..the sleeping cat? I have had cats go out in the worst storm to avoid a ghost.
Where there any chills or smells?
You friend should sit in the room and meditate. she might get to talk to the spirit.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm going with the camera strap or light reflecting off of something.

Not that I don't believe in ghosts because there are forces beyond us that we have no clue about.
The rib part does kinda look like the camera straps posted on that one site.

I tried, and I tried and I still couldn't make out a face!!! Before you posted that pic I was trying to see if I could find it and I thought maybe I had but what you posted is in a different place!

Anywhoo- I still don't see it
but that doesn't necessarily mean anything!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Here's my friend's email (edited of course)

"Yayi:

Here's a post-halloween treat for you!

These are photographs taken just this year from our supposedly living room which isn't really used much nowadays and is currently my cats' playground. This living room was were my mom's aunt met her death while she choked on her food several years ago. It was a fast, quick and totally unexpected death. This was also a room where we felt the heavy wooden table move while we were about to play monopoly. Hmmn. Anyway, I was taking a picture of my cat when these smokey apparitions (ectoplasms?) appeared. I thought that it was some sort of motion blur done by using the Olympus digicam with my shaky hand. Took one again and the same thing happened, another smokey apparition, much more of it.Absolutely no camera tricks whatsoever :-)"
Is there any way you can post the other pics that were taken? I still say it is a face though.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey I just realized something!

If you squint at the first picture that part that I think looks like a cord- and where you see a face (which I can kinda see now) looks like a cartoon-y mummy!
It looks like his left arm runs right along Kitty's back leg....

I wanna see more pics too if you have them!!