Well, that settles it- i'm definitely getting coal for Christmas this year!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So...i think it's safe to say i've been bad this year. I will definitely be getting coals in my stocking this year.
/ So just a little while ago, I tried to move this huge recliner that sits in front of the window in Colin's living room to make room for the Christmas tree I will be putting up this week. Well......apparently, a large recliner + small doorframes = trouble!

Someone should have warned me....
I tried to move the recliner out of the living room and into one of the small guest bedrooms...as you can see, it didn't go so well...

Fosters tried to help me too
I promised him lots of doggie treats if he didn't tell his daddy about this...

It got stuck yet again in the living room door frame when I gave up and tried to move it back to it's origional spot

I FINALLY got it unstuck a little while ago and was able to move it back in front of the window for now. So much for me trying to make room for the Christmas tree! Let's just say there was a few tiny scratches in the doorway as a result of my not so handiwork.....so umm...i did what any desperate woman who was out of off white paint would do.....i put a little bit of "white out" on it
...I'm just praying Colin doesn't notice until I can get a tiny can of paint and fix it. Yup guys, i'm definitely on Santa's naughty list this year

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so umm...i did what any desperate woman who was out of off white paint would do.....i put a little bit of "white out" on it
OMG!!! You are a Redneck for sure!!!

As for coal,Shawn works with it EVERY day.So, have Colin give me a holler and I'll send him some.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks like something I would do! I get very impatient waiting for my fiance to help me move things. If he isn't home, I start moving it myself
My paint around the door frame in the hallway is chipped away as well... I didn't repair it with white out

You won't be getting coal because your intentions were good... well that's what I tell myself

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is why I live in a 1 bedroom apartment. Nowhere to move furniture to. If I wanted to move my lazy boy it would be to the other side of the room, no doorways involved.

Good Luck. I think you need at least one more person to move the chair with you. If I was closer I would help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

As for coal,Shawn works with it EVERY day.So, have Colin give me a holler and I'll send him some.
Told you i grew up on a farm
....I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Colin doesn't notice until I get some paint to "fix" it. Till then though, the white out seemed like a good idea

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

That looks like something I would do! I get very impatient waiting for my fiance to help me move things. If he isn't home, I start moving it myself
My paint around the door frame in the hallway is chipped away as well... I didn't repair it with white out

You won't be getting coal because your intentions were good... well that's what I tell myself
I'm glad you think i won't be getting coal this year
/ I was "hoping" to have the Christmas Tree at least up tonight to kind of suprise him with...and well, lets just say that didn't happen
/ I always get impatient when it comes to moving things too and try to do it by myself....obviously, i should have waited

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

That is why I live in a 1 bedroom apartment. Nowhere to move furniture to. If I wanted to move my lazy boy it would be to the other side of the room, no doorways involved.

Good Luck. I think you need at least one more person to move the chair with you. If I was closer I would help.
Do you have a studio apartment? I LOVE studio apartments! It sure would be nice not having to worry about door frames when it comes to moving furniture

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I'm glad you think i won't be getting coal this year
/ I was "hoping" to have the Christmas Tree at least up tonight to kind of suprise him with...and well, lets just say that didn't happen
/ I always get impatient when it comes to moving things too and try to do it by myself....obviously, i should have waited
A couple of months ago we bought new desks and a bookshelf so we cold replace the old stuff in our office. I was so excited I moved everything out of the room on my own. That wasn't too hard... the problem came when I was trying to move the new furniture in from the garage. I had to go up steps and through the kitchen. The way the walls were angled made it hard to work through doorways
When my fiance came home from work I had furniture all over the place. Meanwhile, I was laying down in the middle of the floor in the empty office unable to move

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

now now helen, be sweet

A couple of months ago we bought new desks and a bookshelf so we cold replace the old stuff in our office. I was so excited I moved everything out of the room on my own. That wasn't too hard... the problem came when I was trying to move the new furniture in from the garage. I had to go up steps and through the kitchen. The way the walls were angled made it hard to work through doorways
When my fiance came home from work I had furniture all over the place. Meanwhile, I was laying down in the middle of the floor in the empty office unable to move
that is soooooo me! I would definitely do something like that.
You and I would get along soo well if you lived by me

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

that is soooooo me! I would definitely do something like that.
You and I would get along soo well if you lived by me
Then we could just call each other for help!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I've done stuff like that too

If you need to move it, lay it down on it's side and put take it through the doorway back rest first and angle it so that the seat goes through last at an angle.

I used to live in a small one bedroom apartment on the second floor of a 2 story house. It wasn't a total 2 story, it was considered a 1 1/2 story because the outside walls of my apartment on 2 sides were slanted. The stairwell was somewhat steep and very narrow. When I moved in my loveseat just fit up the stairs and that was with effort. The sofa had to be brought up a ladder through the bedroom window and taken out the same way too, LOL

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once it got stuck it wouldn't have been a problem for me because the doorway would have been a good bit larger if i had done it
at least chair size then there wouldn't be that problem ever again

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Nikki...I'm just glad someone else has these Lucille Ball moments at home like I do, that's all!!!
Oh, I have tons of Lucille Ball moments
I just don't take pictures of them all

Then we could just call each other for help!

I like that idea

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

LOL, I've done stuff like that too
If you need to move it, lay it down on it's side and put take it through the doorway back rest first and angle it so that the seat goes through last at an angle.

I used to live in a small one bedroom apartment on the second floor of a 2 story house. It wasn't a total 2 story, it was considered a 1 1/2 story because the outside walls of my apartment on 2 sides were slanted. The stairwell was somewhat steep and very narrow. When I moved in my loveseat just fit up the stairs and that was with effort. The sofa had to be brought up a ladder through the bedroom window and taken out the same way too, LOL
Thanks Natalie! lol, I wish you were there about an hour ago to tell me that

Originally Posted by halfpint

Once it got stuck it wouldn't have been a problem for me because the doorway would have been a good bit larger if i had done it
at least chair size then there wouldn't be that problem ever again
lol, that is too funny!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh oh, he should be comming home soon. Wish me luck everyone! I'm praying he doesn't notice until i can get it painted the correct color.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh oh, he's home! I'm hoping he doesn't notice- i have the lights dimmed a bit- hehe, hopefully that will help.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say he doesn't realize it, UNLESS you act nervous and that will tip him off that something is different.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

That's HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!! I have done that myself on more then one occasion! I usually have to have Reggie move everything for me