I cut my hair off again!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to the salon today feeling kind of sad. I really didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t like my hair in the least. My stylist picked up on that and just started cutting. I kept asking what she was doing and she kept saying I don't know, I'll tell you when I'm done. Two color processes and 3 hours later I have my short hair back and it's dark purple with ashy purple highlights. Thank goodness I have such a wonderfully talented stylist. She is worth every penny!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds superb! My hair is long at the moment and I hate it - it's curly and just frizzes out from my head. I've always been a bit nervous about having my hair cut though, due to disasters in the past. The one salon I found that I like and trust charges £60 just for wash, condition, and cut, so I need to find a better paid job or save up over a few months

But yes I second what others have said, I'm dying to see what it looks like, it sounds great - get your camera out!!!

ETA: Nate just read this over my shoulder and said he'd pay for me to have it cut, bless him

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always had long hair, I don't think I would look good with short hair, It looks so good on some people and so easy to manage! My hair hasn't been cut in 5 years, not even a trim, it's almost to my butt again. every time I want a trim the stylist always chops it right off short, no style to it or any thing and I wind up so upset I just grow it back out, if they had some style to it, I may have liked it.
I would like to see pics too!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this thread I swear, and had just replied to the spotlight thread asking if you ever have the urge to go back to purple hair!

You've got to post some pics. I bet it looks fabulous. I need a haircut and color too, just haven't gotten around to making an appointment because its so expensive here in LA...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I just saw this thread I swear, and had just replied to the spotlight thread asking if you ever have the urge to go back to purple hair!

You've got to post some pics. I bet it looks fabulous. I need a haircut and color too, just haven't gotten around to making an appointment because its so expensive here in LA...
I will... DH has to stop playing Zelda first!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually have about shoulder length hair but was too busy to get it cut over the summer. I finally got into my stylist beginning of october and he must have cut off a good 6 inches. It felt so much better-it was getting pretty crummy looking!! I'd like to see your end result!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, after looking at these pictures I realize that the color translates red on camera. IRL it looks dark purple. Honest.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Red or dark purple, the cut alone is VERY flattering on you.

You know, I think this is the first photo I've seen of you on here. Is it the first you've posted?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Red or dark purple, the cut alone is VERY flattering on you.

You know, I think this is the first photo I've seen of you on here. Is it the first you've posted?
Thank you!

No, I have a really bad one in the Pictures Pictures! thread. I've decided to be brave as of late, so I'm posting a little more of myself.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

No, I have a really bad one in the Pictures Pictures! thread. I've decided to be brave as of late, so I'm posting a little more of myself.
No need the be "brave". You're really attractive, and you should flaunt it when you've got it!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great haircut, and the colour is fantastic! I'm all nostalgic now about when I used to have a bright red streak in my hair, but as it's really fine and brittle I can't really be doing that sort of thing very often. It really suits you!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great style! I like the colour too. It's very flattering on you.

I never know what to do with my hair so I totally trust my stylist. I sit in her chair and tell her to do whatever she wants. I figure it's only hair and it will grow out and I have super rapid hair growth (more than 1" per month), so it takes no time at all to grow out if I don't like it.

The last time I got something similar to what you have, only on a much shorter scale in the front because she knows I hate having my hair over my face or hanging on my neck.

I've been thinking of making an appointment for another cut and style. I colour my own hair. But now that I see how nice your colour turned out I may go the 2 tone route myself.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! She is a genius. That girl has obviously found her calling in life - I'm glad you have a cut you're happy with.

It looks really pretty - maybe get DH to take one in natural lighting so that we can all see the purple?