Had a nice day and ended up having Jerry buy me this

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was a beautiful day here in Ohio, one of the last few I'm sure we'll have for quite some time..............
We started out the day with church, then for a nice sunny ride with the windows down! On to lunch/supper at a nice little restaurant we had. Full half chicken dinner, (jerry had meatloaf) potato, soup and salad bar with dessert for $8.95! We thought that was a great deal!

Then there is a place called Pettiti's in Strongsville where he bought me this beautiful pointsettia and this darling little squirrel that I fell in love with.........

He meant well, but I won't keep the flower here with TTP&B, so I'll take it to work so I can admire it there.

All in all.......a very nice day........too bad tomorrow has to come along and ruin it!
I hate Mondays!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, Susie it sounds like you had a lovely day
It was beautiful today here too, I got my whole place cleaned..so i had a great day too!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Aw, Susie it sounds like you had a lovely day
It was beautiful today here too, I got my whole place cleaned..so i had a great day too!!
I always feel such a sense of accomplishment when I do things like that Natalie!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful flower and squirrel! I'm glad that you and Jerry had a wonderful day. I hope that this was the great start to a great week!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

What a beautiful flower and squirrel! I'm glad that you and Jerry had a wonderful day. I hope that this was the great start to a great week!
Thanks for that........I hope so too for me and all of us!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love both poinsettias and squirrels. I don't have a poinsettia because of the pets, but I do get to watch the squirrels outside in the trees which is great living in a city as I do. For some reason I have always called squirrels 'scribbles', I suspect it's a childhood thing that stayed with me

That is a lovely coloured poinsettia

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a sweet gift.
the flowers are pretty and the squirrel is adorable.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I love both poinsettias and squirrels. I don't have a poinsettia because of the pets,

That is a lovely coloured poinsettia
I thought this was untrue> Mabey I misread or misheard something, but, I thought that they found they aren't poisonious to pets? I will have to try and remember where I thought I heard that from, I must be wrong, LOL!

beautiful just the same. What a nice plant to brighten you up on a bad day at work

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep pointsettias at home all the time-however not such a big plant!! I get them wholesale which is a bonus!!
Sounds like a good dinner too (and the price was right).

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I thought this was untrue> Mabey I misread or misheard something, but, I thought that they found they aren't poisonious to pets? I will have to try and remember where I thought I heard that from, I must be wrong, LOL!

beautiful just the same. What a nice plant to brighten you up on a bad day at work
I don't know whether they are toxic (as in too much for the liver to handle), but the sap from them is an irritant and can cause swelling in the mouth and throat if eaten (or to your hands if you re-pot them without taking enough care
) so I wouldn't have them around animals for that reason alone.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I read somewhere on some list that they could potentially harm your kits, so I won't take any chances...I'm such a worry wart when it comes to them!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a gorgeous poinsettia Susie! all the way over on the west side, huh? My Mom and Aunt live in Brunswick, you were a stone's throw away! Glad you had a great day and that squirrel is perfect for a nut like you

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I heard the same thing last year - that while they can be irritating, a cat would have to literally eat the entire plant for it to really cause them harm.

http://www.icangarden.com/document.c...il&itemid=4526

According to the Society of American Florists (SAF), the poinsettia is the most widely tested consumer plant on the market today and research has proven over and over again that the plant is not toxic.