Shoes everywhere! Is it an 'only human' thing?

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Realized this morning that I was stepping over shoes all over the house. From living room to dining room to bedroom: 3 pairs of sneakers, 1 pair sandle, 2 pairs bedroom slipper, 1 pair dress flat.

I wonder if I do this because I'm the only human in the house. Does anyone living with other humans scatter shoes? I annoy myself!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phat Locani

Realized this morning that I was stepping over shoes all over the house. From living room to dining room to bedroom: 3 pairs of sneakers, 1 pair sandle, 2 pairs bedroom slipper, 1 pair dress flat.

I wonder if I do this because I'm the only human in the house. Does anyone living with other humans scatter shoes? I annoy myself!
I have shoes everywhere in my house. Mine and Johns sister Sarah not to mention a couple of my brothers (who doesnt live with me) and I think one pair that is my my sisters.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are in the kitchen on a shoe rack on each side of the door. DH likes to put his shoes in front of the shoe rack which he knows drives me up the wall.

We also have dressy shoes which are in their boxes in the closet in the bedroom.
I hate people coming into the house with dirty shoes on, it really irks me to no end! I clean for a reason for goodness sake.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my shoes and most of them are neatly stored, in boxes in either the shoe closet or the top shelf of my bedroom closet. My slippers and flipflops are next to the bed and my sneakers are in the bottom of my closet. With about 150 pairs of shoes, I CAN'T leave them scattered about.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half of my shoes are stored in a suitcase untill i buy a shoedrobe <--- is that even a word?

but yes i got 3 pairs of shoes next to me and a few scattered around the bedroom

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here, it's shoes, shoes everywhere, and then we get aggravated
when the dog "relocates" one of them, and it's not laying in the livingroom floor with its mate
. Fortunately, she just moves them, doesn't eat them- then again, maybe that would make us pick them up...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, i'm a neat freak
I always put away my shoes when i'm not wearing them- Colin is the same way too

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4 shoe racks. I don't leave my shoes out in the open but I do have a bunch of pair scattered about in my bedroom. I don't leave them where anyone but me can see though.

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I throw them in my closet, i try organziing them but they just end up in piles in the closet. Im always scared that if i leave them out my dogs will eat them or I wont be able to find them when i need them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Half of my shoes are stored in a suitcase untill i buy a shoedrobe <--- is that even a word?

but yes i got 3 pairs of shoes next to me and a few scattered around the bedroom
If it's not a word, it should be! I'm going to use it.
Which makes me wonder: Is it "Ward - robe? or War - drobe? Either way, what the heck does ward or war have to do with a place to keep stuff? Robe, okay but drobe? Inquiring minds want to know!

Love your pic, by the way. Very nice.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a shoe fetish. I have a total of 6 pair of shoes and out of them all I always wear my track shoes. I have 3 pair of the shoes earmarked for charity because I haven't worn them in more years than I can remember.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine are by the door or shoved under the bed or piled in the closet. DH usually has 1 pair out next to the chair. The rest of his are neatly placed under the bed or in the closet. It's all about balance I say.... He is neat, I'm comfortable!

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
I am the shoe scatteree in my house, aside from clogs at all the doors and we have five doors I use- no six - criminy- so that's a lot of clogs. and usually a few pair near the den sofa and under the dining room table. for some weird reason I hate to eat with shoes on.

Once a week I do a round up and return them to the closet only tp have them walk back to their favorite places.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

With five cats in the house I just do not understand how you can be blaming yourself for this.
You're right! I should have known! And I've been feeling so guilty!

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I don't have a shoe fetish.
fetish connotes a sexual reaction to the object so I must clarify that I have no ( conscious) sexual reaction to my shoes or anyone elses or their feet, however I am a little over the top. My mother always bragged that she had 100 pairs when she married and that seemed reasonable to me, so blame her for my shoes. Here is part of the collection:

to my secret santa: I wear a size 5

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

fetish connotes a sexual reaction to the object so I must clarify that I have no ( conscious) sexual reaction to my shoes or anyone elses or their feet, however I am a little over the top. My mother always bragged that she had 100 pairs when she married and that seemed reasonable to me, so blame her for my shoes. Here is part of the collection:

to my secret santa: I wear a size 5
ok I feel better I have about 60 pairs. I love that you have them lined up by color I may have to reorganize my collection.