What color is my Tobie??

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm guessing a chocolate silver. What color are the parents? Very unusual color.

If the parents are chocolate pointed (like in a ragdoll or himi) and the other is a silver tabby maine coon - you might get that shade. I love it

Ocicats have a "chocolate silver" color.

Here's a picture of the chocolate silver ocicats. These are a little more silvery looking but I've seen some chocolate silvers with more of the chocolate shading.

http://www.tassajara-ocicats.com/images/021502g.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad: average moggie w/spots. Mom: Silver/grey, with a hint of smoke and light rings on her neck and legs suggesting a ticked pattern underneath.

Everyone asks "What kind of cat IS he? And we just say "moggie/mutt" much to their amazement. Heh heh... especially the family members that turned down a new kitten. They are now wishing they would have taken one.

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous cat whatever color he is.
Nice highlighter around the eyes too.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot to mention mom is a Scottish Fold, so who knows what is in her lines, and as for dad, he is the longest lankiest moggie I've ever seen. Perhaps cat genetics are more complex than we realize. *shrug*

Harley, the short haired beige/chocolate one, has the shortest densest fur. It does not rub backwards, if you know what I Mean.... it is always in perfect condition. The silver ticked tabby is about the only simple color to come out of this litter.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heh heh... anyone want to use him as a stud????

Just kidding. The vets don't even know what to call him.... must be very rare in a moggie/purebred cross. He seems to have smoke in him as well as the color doesn't penetrate to the shaft, only the last cm or so of the tips. He has the softest finest fur imaginable....

Okay.. enough bragging. I am still in shock I got such gorgous kitties out of Senakers and Ziggy.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is dad a chocolate tabby? I noticed in your signature you have the parents listed. Do you have a picture of Harley (chocolate sh?)

If mom is a blue smoke, that is where you would get the silver/smoke color in Tobi.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Is dad a chocolate tabby? I noticed in your signature you have the parents listed. Do you have a picture of Harley (chocolate sh?)

If mom is a blue smoke, that is where you would get the silver/smoke color in Tobi.
Ah.... that explains a lot. Thanks!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harley is definetly a chocolate tabby. And Tobie would be the chocolate silver. The smoke gene and the silver gene are similar. They might even be shaded chocolates.

Is the silver spotted with Tobie a littermate? If so, then you have chocolate silvers.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep. The only two oddballs I got were Sofia and Tux.

This was such as fascinating experience. I wouldn't trade it for the world, except it does make me mad that my MIL feeds Harley and Tux Dollar Store pet food.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So let me get this straight... Tobie is a chocolate longhaired smoke ticked tabby, and the shorthaired versions are the same (minus the hair). Sofia is just a silver tabby and Tux is a ticked silver tabby.
I'm in love with them all! They bring me such joy and I'm only 25/nearly 26 years old.

I don't know what I'd do with real children. Thank you all for your support through this process. It's been amazing, and although I realise that spaying while preggers is the encouraged thing to do around here, I appreciate your support once I made my decision. The whole thing had made my mom's spirits pick and I truly believe that if there are angels, these little guys were sent for my mom,

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all your support. They have brought my mom out of her bedroom hermit shell and brought some life back into her (she has a terminal illness).
I know at first I was encouraged to get a kitty abortion, but I didn't think it was best for my situation (concerning my mom). She adores Tobie and I haven't seen her act this alive in a few years.

Thanks for your support again, ladies and gents. You've been gracious and understanding. And just LOOK at the GORGEOUS kittens I got out of the deal!!

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

They have brought my mom out of her bedroom hermit shell and brought some life back into her (she has a terminal illness).
That's fantastic. Animals can and do work magic!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No input on the "official color"?

That's okay. I am just obsessive about that kind of thing.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Isn't Tobie the one you orginally called Angora because of the soft long coat?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, initially, but his cattitude seemed to fit the name "Tobie" more appropriately.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you sure Sneakers is Tobie's father? I'd swear Tobie has either Maine Coon or Persian in him, or some such long haired fluffy breed. Too bad you can't clone Tobie, and try to recreate him as a breed. He is one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen. You should think about showing him. I know they have a household pet division. He is absolutely stunning.