Under the influence of catnip

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always thought that if you give a cat catnip that it makes em kinda high... Can it also cause a low?? Puff is normally very fiesty (With short exceptions) . He's actually being kinda cuddly tonight. And not just for a few minutes at a time. I can at least rub his belly without having scratches on me.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Sage will mellow out and rub all over the floor when she has been near catnip. It is rather cute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean like this?

lol. He was rolling from side to side before I took this shot.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine get ermmm..... in the 'mood' when I give them catnip, spayed/neuter or not.... LOL. So I tend to aviod catnip most of the time, unless if I am prepared for yolling and having to chase cats around for erm, violating others... lmao, I can't be the only one who has cats that do these things.....

Am I?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chynna sniffs it and then rolls around in it, but I don't notice that she gets extra cuddly or anything. She's always a real cuddle bug.

Abby sniffs it and eats some of it and then rolls around and stretches and rolls around some more. She loves for me to be near her and scratching her back and head while she's rolling in the catnip. When Abby gets catnip it's also the only time she will raise her hiney when I scratch her back at the base of her tail.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

You mean like this?

That would be the look of catnip!! Yup - some of mine simply get quite sleepy from it. Others run around like crazy before they go nappy. Nappy-time is the end result in most cases - some just hit it faster than others.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

You mean like this?

That would be the look of catnip!! Yup - some of mine simply get quite sleepy from it. Others run around like crazy before they go nappy. Nappy-time is the end result in most cases.

Catnip affects the same part of a cat's brain that pot does in humans, if that helps you any.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Catnip affects the same part of a cat's brain that pot does in humans, if that helps you any.
I wonder if it works in humans too...lol.