new kitten=blood

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
why non of you tell me this

twice easy monkey has made the attempt to climb up my leg(and since i wear shorts at home,it my leg he is using) so now, i have claw mark up and down both legs, and bleeding

anyway, he got out the room this morning, and heyu had him around the neck and he was screaming before i was able to get them apart,
man i hope she comes around and likes him,, he is such a fun kitty(minus the bleeding part of course)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh yeah by the way you need to wear pants around a kitten!!
these things dont come with user manual

should say warning

LEGS LOOK LIKE TREES AND MAY BE USED AS SUCH.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

these things dont come with user manual

should say warning

LEGS LOOK LIKE TREES AND MAY BE USED AS SUCH.
When 8-Bit first adopted us I had no idea that legs=trees. I wore a lot of skirts to work, and I looked like the walking wounded from some sort of war. This doesn't go on forever though. My legs have healed, and 8-Bit has moved on to bigger and better things like the cat tree.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to keep a supply of topical anesthetic handy.

Kittens also like to hang on the pant legs, too. And, as seen in the videos programs, they have been known to hang from the fly area of your pants.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

looked like the walking wounded from some sort of war. This doesn't go on forever though. My legs have healed, and 8-Bit has moved on to bigger and better things like the cat tree.
well i normally play kinda rough with the cats so my arms are like that way, but they are older and dont draw blood, i am used to cat come flying out of know where ninja style and a fast nibble and then running away, with that look of come chase me.

ok we have blue jeans on now,,
safe from the leg killer kitty, i hope

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

You might want to keep a supply of topical anesthetic handy.

Kittens also like to hang on the pant legs, too. And, as seen in the videos programs, they have been known to hang from the fly area of your pants.
yea, i have some stuff to put on

hmmm will if he does fly area thing i could tell the wife i am unable to have kids now
hmm yea that could work

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

well i normally play kinda rough with the cats so my arms are like that way, but they are older and dont draw blood, i am used to cat come flying out of know where ninja style and a fast nibble and then running away, with that look of come chase me.

ok we have blue jeans on now,,
safe from the leg killer kitty, i hope
BF refers to it by its technical name: denim armor.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd forgotten that they do that! Boy, was my mother NOT AMUSED when she visited after we got Sparkle, who loved jumping on her. My mother is cranky on the best of days. Ah, good times...

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Pick kitten off leg - explain to kitten in gentle tone "I am not a tree" - always wear bluejeans and heavy shirts (for when they fly from the top of fridge to shoulders for a ride!)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh how I miss those kitten days. I was a tree once, too
Did you decide on the name yet? I was hoping you would call him Easy. You and I will probably be the only people in the world with a cat named Easy!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, living in California my husband only wears shorts and refused to move to jeans or other long pants when we first got Anya. Every now and then he would walk through a doorway and she would attack him, or he would be in the other room and I would suddenly hear, "AYEEEEE! ARGHHH! ^&*%*! ....... Hun bring the ointment."

When do we get to see pics of your new baby???

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh yeah, the best time for kittens to do this is at dinner time when you're trying to dish out portions for 12 cats
Nike once climbed her way all the way up the back of my jeans and then got her claw stuck in my back above the waist- holy cow did that hurt! and of course she was behind me so I couldn't reach her to get her off, so she was hanging by that one claw- major blood shed there

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

When do we get to see pics of your new baby???
i need to get a new digital camera, i think it may be safe to go back to mall on monday

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck at the mall from now on
Christmas Shoppers are ruthless!!

Can't wait to see pics of the new furmonger

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can sympathazie! I have 5 foster kittens at the moment that i'm trying to break from the whole "leg climbing" habit
My legs are in a constant state of pain

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is this little one? It's even more fun when they are 6lbs and still occasionally attempt to scale your legs
although Radar does know what 'LET GO' means now, and usually does so when told! Always use the same command when you detach them and put them back on the floor and they will learn eventually.

But yes having a kitten around does mean that you should stock up on antiseptic!

And yes nail clipping definitely helps, if you can feel claws through your trousers it's time for a trim.