TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › new kitten=blood
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

new kitten=blood

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
why non of you tell me this
twice easy monkey has made the attempt to climb up my leg(and since i wear shorts at home,it my leg he is using) so now, i have claw mark up and down both legs, and bleeding

anyway, he got out the room this morning, and heyu had him around the neck and he was screaming before i was able to get them apart, man i hope she comes around and likes him,, he is such a fun kitty(minus the bleeding part of course)
post #2 of 27
Oh yeah by the way you need to wear pants around a kitten!!
post #3 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
Oh yeah by the way you need to wear pants around a kitten!!
these things dont come with user manual
should say warning

LEGS LOOK LIKE TREES AND MAY BE USED AS SUCH.
post #4 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
these things dont come with user manual
should say warning

LEGS LOOK LIKE TREES AND MAY BE USED AS SUCH.
When 8-Bit first adopted us I had no idea that legs=trees. I wore a lot of skirts to work, and I looked like the walking wounded from some sort of war. This doesn't go on forever though. My legs have healed, and 8-Bit has moved on to bigger and better things like the cat tree.
post #5 of 27
Anything or anyone is fair game to a kitten!!!!
post #6 of 27
You might want to keep a supply of topical anesthetic handy.

Kittens also like to hang on the pant legs, too. And, as seen in the videos programs, they have been known to hang from the fly area of your pants.
post #7 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
looked like the walking wounded from some sort of war. This doesn't go on forever though. My legs have healed, and 8-Bit has moved on to bigger and better things like the cat tree.
well i normally play kinda rough with the cats so my arms are like that way, but they are older and dont draw blood, i am used to cat come flying out of know where ninja style and a fast nibble and then running away, with that look of come chase me.

ok we have blue jeans on now,, safe from the leg killer kitty, i hope
post #8 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
You might want to keep a supply of topical anesthetic handy.

Kittens also like to hang on the pant legs, too. And, as seen in the videos programs, they have been known to hang from the fly area of your pants.

yea, i have some stuff to put on
hmmm will if he does fly area thing i could tell the wife i am unable to have kids now
hmm yea that could work
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
well i normally play kinda rough with the cats so my arms are like that way, but they are older and dont draw blood, i am used to cat come flying out of know where ninja style and a fast nibble and then running away, with that look of come chase me.

ok we have blue jeans on now,, safe from the leg killer kitty, i hope
BF refers to it by its technical name: denim armor.
post #10 of 27
I'd forgotten that they do that! Boy, was my mother NOT AMUSED when she visited after we got Sparkle, who loved jumping on her. My mother is cranky on the best of days. Ah, good times...

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
post #11 of 27
Pick kitten off leg - explain to kitten in gentle tone "I am not a tree" - always wear bluejeans and heavy shirts (for when they fly from the top of fridge to shoulders for a ride!)
post #12 of 27
Oh how I miss those kitten days. I was a tree once, too Did you decide on the name yet? I was hoping you would call him Easy. You and I will probably be the only people in the world with a cat named Easy!
post #13 of 27
Yeah, living in California my husband only wears shorts and refused to move to jeans or other long pants when we first got Anya. Every now and then he would walk through a doorway and she would attack him, or he would be in the other room and I would suddenly hear, "AYEEEEE! ARGHHH! ^&*%*! ....... Hun bring the ointment."


When do we get to see pics of your new baby???
post #14 of 27
oh yeah, the best time for kittens to do this is at dinner time when you're trying to dish out portions for 12 cats Nike once climbed her way all the way up the back of my jeans and then got her claw stuck in my back above the waist- holy cow did that hurt! and of course she was behind me so I couldn't reach her to get her off, so she was hanging by that one claw- major blood shed there
post #15 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily_325 View Post
When do we get to see pics of your new baby???
i need to get a new digital camera, i think it may be safe to go back to mall on monday
post #16 of 27
Good luck at the mall from now on Christmas Shoppers are ruthless!!

Can't wait to see pics of the new furmonger
post #17 of 27
I can sympathazie! I have 5 foster kittens at the moment that i'm trying to break from the whole "leg climbing" habit My legs are in a constant state of pain
post #18 of 27
This may sound obvious... but trim their nails.
post #19 of 27
How old is this little one? It's even more fun when they are 6lbs and still occasionally attempt to scale your legs although Radar does know what 'LET GO' means now, and usually does so when told! Always use the same command when you detach them and put them back on the floor and they will learn eventually.

But yes having a kitten around does mean that you should stock up on antiseptic!

And yes nail clipping definitely helps, if you can feel claws through your trousers it's time for a trim.
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
i need to get a new digital camera, i think it may be safe to go back to mall on monday
Hurry up Bruce the kittens going to be a cat soon
post #21 of 27
I was so scared to open this thread! You scared me for no reason!
post #22 of 27
My legs are trees too Thankfully I'm always wearing either trousers or jeans, so I'm okay, but Patch does seem to pull bits of the material they're made with out.
post #23 of 27
I thought you would be referring to the kitten attacking feet under the covers.
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
I can sympathazie! I have 5 foster kittens at the moment that i'm trying to break from the whole "leg climbing" habit My legs are in a constant state of pain
Me too! 5 little foster tabby boys who love to climb. Just got their nails trimmed today, so they'll be in for a surprise when they can't climb too far. Heavy pants are definitely essential.

I always let people know on their cage cards that one of their favorite activities is climbing human trees. It really would be cute if it weren't so painful.
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuzy View Post
Me too! 5 little foster tabby boys who love to climb. Just got their nails trimmed today, so they'll be in for a surprise when they can't climb too far. Heavy pants are definitely essential.

I always let people know on their cage cards that one of their favorite activities is climbing human trees. It really would be cute if it weren't so painful.
lol glad i'm not the only one / Mine are accustomed to nail trimmings, grooming, baths, ear cleaning....all of that good stuff- I get them used to being handled at an extremly young age so that they do better when they are adopted out. Ruger is really the only one left who climbes....(thank heavens for blue jeans!). Tonight he scaled my legs when I was eating without me even noticing and snuck up on the table to try and steal my food! what a naughty kitten! it was pretty cute though. When mine climb my legs, i pick them up by the scruff of the neck, firmly tell them "No" and place them back in the floor- I repeat this every time they repeat that habit...it usually completly breaks them after a few days. I have the other 4 broken of the whole leg climbing thing finally, now all i have to worry about is my little klepto kitty ruger
post #26 of 27
I had to tell DH your method last night. He was lifting weights when one of our sweet little foster babies started climbing his leg causing him to hit himself on the head with the weights

Thank goodness he's a great guy cause he was on the floor playing with the little rascals soon after that.

Unfortunately we only have a few days left with them. They're 12 weeks old and we've only had them this long because of a distemper outbreak at the shelter (usually they go back at 8 weeks) I feel so bad knowing they only have a few more days to play with each other Wish the shelter would only sell in pairs (I heard there are some places that do that).

Hopefully we can cure them of this by then.
post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuzy View Post
I had to tell DH your method last night. He was lifting weights when one of our sweet little foster babies started climbing his leg causing him to hit himself on the head with the weights

Thank goodness he's a great guy cause he was on the floor playing with the little rascals soon after that.

Unfortunately we only have a few days left with them. They're 12 weeks old and we've only had them this long because of a distemper outbreak at the shelter (usually they go back at 8 weeks) I feel so bad knowing they only have a few more days to play with each other Wish the shelter would only sell in pairs (I heard there are some places that do that).

Hopefully we can cure them of this by then.

It is so nice to meet another foster mommy! Sounds like you and your hubby are doing an excellent job! I definitely understand how hard it is to take them back up to the shelter to be adopted out- it's rough when you get some used to taking care of them 24/7...but you know what- now that they will soon have the chance to go to forever homes, you will be able to help even more kitties! That is always awesome Right now I have 5 foster kittens -we're still working on the "no leg climbing" thing at the moment. They just tried to repeat it again today on Colin - lol there's a thread about it..it was quite a funny site) So I tought Colin how to scruff the kittens gently and firmly tell them "NO" everytime they try to climb. It works if you're consistant and patient Good luck!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › new kitten=blood