Video Games

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought I'd start a companion to the "Board Games" thread.

Our daughter likes only the two Star Wars Lego games, but we just got Viva Pinata, so she might like that. She got her first video game when she was two years old, a Teletubbies game where you explore and discover songs, sparkly treasures, etc. She's never been interested in video games, maybe that's why.

My husband likes very large games, and the big multi-player ones. He also likes racing games and always plays them before we go on a trip in the car! He also has a DS that he plays on trips.

I like the adventure games, like the Mario games, Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, all the Zelda games. I'm looking forward to playing the new Zelda game on my husband's Christmas present!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE turned based RPGs like Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. I'm also an adventure gammer so I love Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and Rayman.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
two Star Wars Lego games are fun!!!

world of warcraft is the first and still only online video game i like.
i like the racing sims,and flying sims, i used to like the sub sims also but no makes those anymore.

hmm dawn of war is RTS that we have been playing with friends for over a year now..
RTS= real time. yyyyyyF(the new kitty says hi by the way)

the Final Fantasy games on the console i have played them all accept for the new on that is out right now

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

two Star Wars Lego games are fun!!!

world of warcraft is the first and still only online video game i like.
i like the racing sims,and flying sims, i used to like the sub sims also but no makes those anymore.

hmm dawn of war is RTS that we have been playing with friends for over a year now..
RTS= real time. yyyyyyF(the new kitty says hi by the way)

the Final Fantasy games on the console i have played them all accept for the new on that is out right now
I know you've posted this before, but are you Horde or Alliance?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I know you've posted this before, but are you Horde or Alliance?
both, kinda i have a 60 dwarf on elune, err, and a 50 GNOME rogue

but i spend most of me time on warsong with the horde,
60 shaman, 60 warrior, 55 hunter
it is justt to easy to level in wow i swear !!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh yea, i wanted to add, how the wife wont admit it,
she loves racing games, since it was her idea to buy 2 driving wheels for the computer and one for the playstation

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Video games are always fun. I love first person shooters such as Medal of Honor, Unreal Tournament series..etc. However, I am thinking about giving up computer gaming because it just cost TOOOOOOOOO much. Not the games but the machine. When you spend thousands on a computer to play $50 game which lasts about 1-3 weeks... not worth it...

I also like all the Mario games, racing and adventure games.

As many of you know, I stood in line to get my Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and got Zelda. I have to say this is a must own title for Wii. The story line is great, game play is awesome. However, if you own a HDTV, get the component video cables for Wii. The cables came with it does not do it justice at all. You will see a big difference between the two. I had been playing two days (22 hours total) straight and I am just barely started. The game play is about 50-100 hours + depending how much you want to explore. SwampWitch will have lots of fun with that.

Oh, got to mention all time favorites--RESIDENT EVIL series and SILENT HILL series

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have had an Xbox 360 for 4 months now and i love it. We have had other consoles PS1, PS2, N64, Dreamcast, Xbox, Gamecube but i think the 360 is my most favourite

I have just been playing Call of Duty 3 on-line and had a great time, not very good at it but its fun

As for RPG's i have Oblivion, but my fave genre is shooters. Prey, Gears of War, Call of Duty 3. But also have Tomb Raider Legend, Ninety-nine Nights and King Kong. And it is so cool to hear people from all over the world, connected to a game today where everyone was speaking french

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by watchcaddy

Oh, got to mention all time favorites--RESIDENT EVIL series and SILENT HILL series
I forgot those, too. But those have to be played at night because they are so dark and hard to see! Also forgot racing games, I'm very, very good at them but they make me tense from concentrating too hard.

Funny, we don't play games on our computers at all, probably because we have Macs.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
These days I play only PC games, since I don't have a console, but I love gaming on all platforms. On PC I play mostly RPG and FPS games.

Some of my old video game favs are the Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill and Tony Hawk Pro Skater series. Driving games are not my cup of tea.

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I forgot those, too. But those have to be played at night because they are so dark and hard to see! Also forgot racing games, I'm very, very good at them but they make me tense from concentrating too hard.

Funny, we don't play games on our computers at all, probably because we have Macs.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
Oh, yes. I always play in the dark, turn up the surround sound and play it. It is the only way to play.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite system is the NES so I usually play Kirby's Adventure, Defender of the Crown, Dragon Warrior, Deja Vu, Final Fantasy, Kid Icarus, Tetris, Adventure of Link, and Legend of Zelda.

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will play pretty much anything except sports games and fps (motion sickness) for consoles. Online gaming thus far has been limited to WoW, but I finally stopped playing earlier this year. My tastes vary quite a bit from anything Resident Evil to Smash Brothers to Final Fantasy, but my definite favorites are games I feel were more original, like ICO. Hope to see some more innovation on the new consoles than weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve seen in the past few years.

Last game I played was FFXII…had very mixed feelings about it and would like to hear what others who also completed it thought.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone else here more of a retro gamer than a modern gamer? I'm definitely retro. I love my Atari 2600, my Amiga, and my NES.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sons LOVE the Star Wars Lego game!!! They only have #2 for now.We bought them #1 for Christmas though.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Is anyone else here more of a retro gamer than a modern gamer? I'm definitely retro. I love my Atari 2600, my Amiga, and my NES.
I miss the old NES games, and even some of the older computer games. The new games are just too high tech for me. I can't play half of them without feeling dizzy. I have a Game Boy Advance just so I can play Super Mario Brothers

We were out last night and bought a PS2 for some reason. Not really sure why..
we are planning to buy a PS3 when they are more readily available. I bought Final Fantasy to play along with is and my fiance picked out a couple of racing games. It's just something we can play together on a rainy day.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I play the online game called Runescape. I used to play delta force games like land warrior, black hawk down, dfextreme. I actually played with a big squad for 4 years.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love playing video games even though I haven't been doing much of that lately.

I still wish I had the old Atari system- River Raid was my favorite game for it.

I loved playing Zelda on the old NES as well as the SNES.

I don't have any of console systems anymore. Some of my favorite games to play on the 'puter are RTS games such as those in the C&C series (especially Tiberian Sun), Rise of Nations, Empire Earth, etc. I also like large empire building/conquest games such as Pharoah and Caesar III. If anyone like games that combine the building of empires with the action of RTS then check out the games in the Total War series. My favorite game right now is Rome: Total War. The Civilization series of games are also pretty good.

As far as FSPs are concerned I'm a big fan of the Call of Duty series. I would love to eventually see them expand the series to include the Pacific theater. I also wouldn't mind if they would throw in a new wrinkle where you could play as the Germans- just for a bit of a different "flavor". COD blows MOH away, IMO.

Bryan