When Thumper met Cosmo...

thumper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all, sorry I haven't posted in a bit been a crazy couple of weeks. Hope everybody had a wonderful turkey day. I did!!

They finally met yesterday and all I can really say it OMG. Ive introduced dogs and puppies before and its like. smell my butt ill smell yours ok lets play. With these 2 its such a hoot with their personalities. They sat about 2 feet away checking each other out did a couple of circles and some smelling. cosmo decided ok its time to play and it was on.

It was in the living room, then the kitchen, then the stairs, then the bathroom and all over again. cosmo had his tail up pretty quick and thumpers was about half way. You can tell she's being careful. She lays down in front of cosmo and of course he pounces on her and if he's to much she hisses and he backs off.

On the second meeting they were more play full and thumper chased cosmo up the stairs then the next thing thumper was flying down the stairs with cosmo chasing her. here are some photos

Sorry for the black borders ill fix those later. More to follow

Checking Each Other Out - The First Few Minutes

Cosmo First

Thumper hot on his trail

I will touch your nose now

Peek A BOO

The Im on the higher stair game

Chilling Out

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so adorable together!! I love the photos and the captions.

Oh, and may I make a request for more of these...?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The intros seem to have gone very well. What gorgeous kittys they are!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what wonderful photos - they look like they are gonna be the best of buddies - and what a couple of fluff-a-lots

and I second the request for more photos.........pleeze, pretty pleezee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thumper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So much for getting anything done today
... They hung out for a bit today. Seems like cosmo wants to play and thumper wants to chill out. She is still getting a bit antsy with him being all playfull, but the good thing is she tells him and he backs off. I just think its going to be a long process. Its funny sometimes she doesnt look that big next to him. He's a puff ball and 2.9 lbs and she is over 8lbs

Smooches

Ill just chew on your tunnel

He is a brave little man

Here I come

Being Sneaky

thumper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think im going to need a vacation soon. Its so stressful with the kitties together sometimes. Thumper is doing better and playing more with cosmo. They take turns chasing each other and when he's getting on her nerves she doesn't hiss that much just raises a paw and plops him in the head.

So I went to put cosmo in his room so I could feed the both of them. I gave thumper her dinner then cosmo. he snuck out the door and I couldn't find him. Well I got to the bottom of the stairs and he was eating thumpers wet food and she was sitting right next looking at him. She let him eat for a while then pushed her way in. When he tried again she growled at him he moved a few feet away and tried a few more times but she growled. I was so nervous but it seemed to work out ok.

This morning they were stalking each other and he stuck up on her and jumped on her tail. She started running and he held on for dear life. My cheeks are killing me from cracking up. Thumper is getting good at sneaking up on him, then he jumps about a foot in the air straight up

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They're really cute! I got a big kick out of that last photo where Thumper is peeking over the step at Cosmo.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keith, It sounds like they are doing fine. Remember, Thumper's job is to teach the little one who's boss around here.
I used to LOVE when LuckyGirl would pull a "karate kid" move, and she'd sit there with this "death glare" and pull her paw back like the karate kid, and half the time he'd slowly baaack awaaaaay. Other braver times, he'd stick around and get a wap on the head. It never hurt him, but kept him in his place....rightfully below her.
And I love the stairs game pic....that is my house to a Tee. ("I'm higher than you, I'm first, I got here before you did!"
)

thumper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Keith, It sounds like they are doing fine. Remember, Thumper's job is to teach the little one who's boss around here.
I used to LOVE when LuckyGirl would pull a "karate kid" move, and she'd sit there with this "death glare" and pull her paw back like the karate kid, and half the time he'd slowly baaack awaaaaay. Other braver times, he'd stick around and get a wap on the head. It never hurt him, but kept him in his place....rightfully below her.
And I love the stairs game pic....that is my house to a Tee. ("I'm higher than you, I'm first, I got here before you did!"
)
Ha Ha, the death glare. wow you hit the nail on the head. Everything sounds exactly like my 2. The only addition is Thumper looks up at me, then him, then me.

They have been together all morning and doing great. I took his basket from upstairs incase he wanted to sleep but thumper ploped right down in it, well hangin off the front and back. She doenst quite fit but after a bit she gave it up to him.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even after they have been getting along great for months now, I still heard a horrid noise this morning....it sounded like 2 alley cats fighting, and was a screaming meow loud enough to scare the he** out of me!!! All I know, is there was no blood, and no furr flying....little Louie was scared out of his witts, and would not come out from under the bed, but he was ok.... I guess after weeks of being tormented she was just pushed a bit too far this morning, and decided he needed a lesson....or maybe she was a bit hormonal....I dunno. There wasn't even any scuffle, it sounded more like she got stepped on, only no one stepped on her....so I'm not gonna worry too much, only a little....

Oh, I get the dirty looks too. And last night, my LuckyGirl sat on my tummy (she never does this but DH is away and she's a daddy's girl), and my little Louie the love bug was giving me the most hurtful look ever....

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I think Thumper is doing a pretty good job at accepting her little brother. But of course, he has to know, SHE is the queen at your house. You come second, and then he comes third.

The new pics are adorable. Keep 'em coming.