Help!!!

cosmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello All,

At 6 a.m. this morning I found a six month old cat/kitten. He was just sitting on a subway grate, next to a parked car. He was meowing quite loud.

He is absolutely beautiful; dark and light grey markings, with amber colored eyes. He is very friendly, he allowed me to pick him up and he purred the whole way home. He is "intact" (has his bells and whistles.) In the short time I've had him, he's already found and used the litter box, so he appears to be well behaved.

I am going back to the area later today to ask around if anyone lost a cat. But I don't see how this little fella could have been owned by anyone; he is too cute and too young to let out of the house and be allowed to walk around on a very busy road; he had no collars/tags.

I hope to find the owner to this cat, but in case I don't, I am going to have to find him a good home. I can't keep him because I already have a four year old male cat. Does anyone know of a place in New York City that takes in stray cats and gives them a good home?

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You sweetheart.

Thank you headbuts and oh you are so sweet licks from KittenKiya's Clan.

Wished I lived closer, I'd take him for you.

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kiya - kudos to you for saving the cat/kitten. Due to his young age, he might find a home. Someone else will probably be along with the info you need...make sure you get a low cost spay/neuter...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cosmo

I am going back to the area later today to ask around if anyone lost a cat.

I can't keep him because I already have a four year old male cat.
a) better to write him up in the neighorhood there: Cat found. Phone me...
Preferably with a photo. There must be message boards and such...

b) why cant you keep him? Most cats do like company - yes even need. Most of the rest who manage without, do tolerate another cat. Very few cats wants to be stricly alone cat.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like he has had an owner, if he is that friendly. There may be a child crying itself to sleep because she let the kitten out. Sometimes cats do escape, due to carelessness or accident. So I would try and look in the area you found him, and ask the vets around there. But I am glad he is safe with you and off the streets.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cosmo

Hello All,

At 6 a.m. this morning I found a six month old cat/kitten. He was just sitting on a subway grate, next to a parked car. He was meowing quite loud.

He is absolutely beautiful; dark and light grey markings, with amber colored eyes. He is very friendly, he allowed me to pick him up and he purred the whole way home. He is "intact" (has his bells and whistles.) In the short time I've had him, he's already found and used the litter box, so he appears to be well behaved.

I am going back to the area later today to ask around if anyone lost a cat. But I don't see how this little fella could have been owned by anyone; he is too cute and too young to let out of the house and be allowed to walk around on a very busy road; he had no collars/tags.

I hope to find the owner to this cat, but in case I don't, I am going to have to find him a good home. I can't keep him because I already have a four year old male cat. Does anyone know of a place in New York City that takes in stray cats and gives them a good home?

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
I would recommend contacting the ASPCA.

Katie