***Stoli - Luxor - VIDEO***

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He really does look like Gollum. That's kind of funny!

I love your babies! They are so beautiful.

PS Your tree looks fantastic!

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Stoli really likes that mouse and wasn't intimidated by that big spider at all - Luxor on the other hand wanted nothing to do with that big hairy thing! Funny!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stoli is quite the fearless little predator!
But poor Luxor
-- he really wasn't at all happy about that spider!

Lovely fellows.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stoli had me laughing...that was great. He did remind me of Gollum and his precious.
Luxor didn't seem impressed with the spider...lol

Great clip.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah, stoli is pretty fearless unless it comes to 'people' then you can never find him.

luxor gets pretty scared of toys in general. I JUST waved a peacock feather in front of him and he just about flipped about 5 feet in the air and ran away poor thing. . .

stoli of course tried to hoard all the toys.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,

I showed my mother that video and being the 'worry-wart' she is she said I should be careful, she didn't like the look in Stoli's eyes and you never know what cats will do. . .. .

Is she right or being paranoid? I'd like to be able to 'put her in her place'

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

she didn't like the look in Stoli's eyes and you never know what cats will do.
That's an odd thing to say (IMO). What does she think he could do?

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
To be honest I'd never mess with a cat (I know you were only playing with him and not trying to do anything wrong) when it's hissing or growling - to me those are red flags, and I'd back off and leave him/her be til they calm down...and that did occur to me when I watched your vid - but then I also feel like, he's your cat, and you know him better than I do, so perhaps you know his personality and know that even though he was growling and hissing at you, you knew he wouldn't strike you and you were in no danger. Which is fair enough. But personally - yeah, when a cat growls or hisses at me/because of something I'm doing, I stop right away. They're little, but they can do some damage if they decide to.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha, that's hysterical. When I first watched I thought the person behind the camera was making noises at the cat, but it turns out it's the cat, LOL

Both babies are gorgeous and Stoli looks like a very fun kitty

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

To be honest I'd never mess with a cat (I know you were only playing with him and not trying to do anything wrong) when it's hissing or growling - to me those are red flags, and I'd back off and leave him/her be til they calm down...and that did occur to me when I watched your vid - but then I also feel like, he's your cat, and you know him better than I do, so perhaps you know his personality and know that even though he was growling and hissing at you, you knew he wouldn't strike you and you were in no danger. Which is fair enough. But personally - yeah, when a cat growls or hisses at me/because of something I'm doing, I stop right away. They're little, but they can do some damage if they decide to.
That's true, cats can decide to lash out and scratch or bite you. I noticed that when the camera went close to Stoli he reached out to it but it wasn't like he was "swatting" it with claws unsheathed or anything. Also when "Renovia" reached for the mouse, Stoli did reach for her hand but only once and it didn't look like he was being violent.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought it was funny. Stoli is extremely protective of HIS mouse, that's for sure. I don't think he would bite or attack you, but I don't know if I would be comfortable playing the tug of war with him with the mouse. I noticed Luxor took off running from him when Stoli went after him just for being near him with the mouse. I've never known of a cat to growl like that over a toy. Kind of reminds me of a dog.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he definitely reminds me of a dog. . . .i think i'm the only one who would play with him like that and it's only with the furry mouse. He's as sweet as can be all the other times - just today he wouldn't let me get dressed from the shower, he kept jumping up on me and just wanted me to hold him (aww)

We'll play together and with luxor and it's nothing like the growling bit. If he ever hisses (basically only at the vet) I completely ignore him and walk away. No one wants to hang with a hisser!