What I saw at Target...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to go to Target today to pick up some kitty litter for the boys. While I was walking in I saw a younger boy push a shopping cart into traffic. This would be slightly annoying if the cart didn't contain his BROTHER!!!! The Mom freaked out and grabbed the cart before anything could happen, so the little boy was okay. This whole thing just made me want to jump out of my skin. I hate going shopping during the holiday season.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

If I had been that mother I would have just looked at the boy who pushed the cart and said "Santa's just put you on the Naughty list" and MEANT it!
I woulda done worse then that! I probably would have grounded him for LIFE!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

If I had been that mother I would have just looked at the boy who pushed the cart and said "Santa's just put you on the Naughty list" and MEANT it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

That is sooooo scary! I would have freaked on that little boy if I was his mom
It was just so scary I couldn't even understand what I was watching. It seemed like a movie.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people might not agree with me but if that had been my little boy considering the danger he put his brother in he would have had a hard time sitting down for a little while from a sore bottom.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I'd like to know is why the mother was even letting him push the cart outside in the first place. In the store where there isn't danger is one thing, but in a crowded busy parking lot? That's just not right!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, its like one those things a serial murderer did when he was younger or something..That kid is definately not normal to do that...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Wait a minute, how old was the older brother? There's a real difference if he was four or ten!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
He was small, so I'd say about four or five. The one in the cart was about two.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

It sounds like the kid wasn't thinking and might have been pretending like with his toys at home. Not psycho, but definitely a scary thing!

I don't like shopping, either. Everyone is stressed-looking, and if you're in a good mood or smiling, people give you the "stink eye."

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Considering that this happened on black Friday when all the stores are packed and everyone's going nuts, the mother should have been the one pushing the cart.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Talk about kids, i was just at the supermarket, and this little child about 3 or 4 WOULDNT STOP SCREAMING because her mum wouldnt buy her the barbie suitcase, she stopped screaming for a few seconds looked at me, smiled and started screaming her head off, that just purely gave me a headache, everyone was looking at her poor mother!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Talk about kids, i was just at the supermarket, and this little child about 3 or 4 WOULDNT STOP SCREAMING because her mum wouldnt buy her the barbie suitcase...
My daughter used to have a friend like that. Her mother would buy the girl gifts for her brother's birthday so she wouldn't throw a fit during his party!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

My daughter used to have a friend like that. Her mother would buy the girl gifts for her brother's birthday so she wouldn't throw a fit during his party!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
Oh if we would have ever acted like that we wouldn't have done it a second time that's for sure. My dad was pretty strict and he didn't allow that kind of nonsense

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

The mother should have been pushing the cart. Kids that young can't judge the speed/distance of cars.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What was that little boy thinking? He could have killed his little brother with a stunt like that. Just being young isn't an excuse to do something like that, even at that age I would have never dared try that. I hope his mother gave him a good talking to.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm glad that the kid was ok. I really have a hard time with parents who don't have a good grip on their kids before they leave the sidewalk and go into a parking lot. I'm always so afraid that I'm going to hit some kid because I can't see them when I'm backing out.