For you single people

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay I was thinking about this while at dinner last night. I am really tired of being single. And I want to know who else is tired of it.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After over 20 years of being married or involved, I'm getting used to being single again. The worst part is not having someone to talk to, at the end of the day.

For now, I just have some chat buddies and go out on the occasional date. Guess that I COULD lower my standards and "settle" for Mr. Right NOW - NOT.

If somebody doesn't come along, by the time my online dating service subscription runs out, I don't think that I'll renew.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not single but I wanted to sneak in and read the thread so I thought I might as well post!! Hi! Not single, but I will tell you, there is much to be said for being single sometimes! Granted.. Not all the time, but at times you just want to beat
a man!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the way i have my relationship with Gil, as in he's in Scotland, and i'm down the road in Northumberland, and we see each other every month and speak on the phone every night.

He's been down for a few days this week, and it was lovely being with him
But i like my space

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I'll join the club.... I'm tired of it but there don't seem to be any offers coming in lately.
Originally Posted by SophieC

I feel the exact same way and I am not that old but I feel like I will never find that one special person. And I don't just want someone I want a love that will last one of those ones that we complete one another that we can feel each others presence and we want to be together and we can talk for hours about anything whether it be intelligent conversation or talking about the silliest things we can think of. I want that one love that I can tell all of my hopes and dreams to and not worry about them thinking badly of me and them wanting to do the same with me. I want to feel safe with someone for once. I trust people as far as my safety and such as that but as far as letting them really get to know me it kind of comes in stages a little bit at a time. And they gotta love animals.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

I love the way i have my relationship with Gil, as in he's in Scotland, and i'm down the road in Northumberland, and we see each other every month and speak on the phone every night.

He's been down for a few days this week, and it was lovely being with him
But i like my space
I hear that! I adore my hubby still after being together almost 30 years now. But, if anything were to happen that I was alone again, I wouldn't be looking for another roommate in any way, shape or form. As I've gotten older I've come to enjoy being in my own skin so to speak and don't need anyone to "complete" me.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been single for over two years, and I LOVE it. No obligations, no insecure bs: Where have you been? Where are you going? Why won't you spend more
time with meeeee?

I like it - I have my cats, my Harley, and no snoring to put up with in my bed. No one who's ego I have to worry about insulting. No one to complain when there is only enough room on my queen sized bed for my cats and me.

I'm not woken up hours before I have to work anymore. (For some reason, all my exes would leave the house around 5-6 a.m., and I get up at 7-7:30.)

I don't have stinky-foot socks on my bedroom floor anymore. I don't have anyone getting jealous of my male friends anymore - and I have lots of those.

I don't have anyone getting mad because my personal growth is taking me beyond their experience level.

I guess I've never found the right man, and at this point, no longer care. I'll be 40 in February, and I love who I am, and I don't NEED someone else to feel complete. My life is quite full, and I am neither despondant not desperate.

I used to want to have a partner, used to feel that I lacked something by not having a relatoinship, but after several failed ones, and analyxzing the failures, I have decided that I am at my best by myself.

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've always been single and I don't mind it at all. I couldn't imagine it any other way. I don't have to ask or care what somebody else wants. I do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it and spend my money however I please.
Of course this means that all the responsibilities are on me too but that's ok!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like being single, i have my own apartment, i dont share my kitties :p and i get to have the way things i want... but i do miss having someone to cuddle up with at night. And kissing, and eating with someone, now sitting alone infront of the TV or puter eating kind of makes me sad!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do get tired of being single at times. Sometimes it's scary having to face life by yourself.........but (isn't there always a but) I have become much to independent to kowtow to anyone.

I can come and go as I please. I only answer to God and no one else (except the cats of course). If I want to do something, I can. I don't have to ask permission from someone.

Somehow the idea of the dating scene makes me sick. I guess I have had to deal with the public just too much because when the "ahhhhhh, my love, come with me to the Casbah" stuff starts, I just want to hit someone. Guess for everone's protection, I'd best stay single.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nope i did not mind being single, and had to be dragged into getting married.

i was in my 30's before i got married,

Not tha ti dont love itta cause i do

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been single for over seven years, after being married (twice) for a total of 14 years and, like any state of being *smile*, there are plusses and minuses to both.

Like KittenKiya and GingersMom, I am content with who I am. I have my house set up the way I like it, I have my furbabies, and I am pleased to do what I want when I want. My home is peaceful, warm and welcoming - and I like that.

On the other hand, if God were to send someone my way, I wouldn't dismiss him out of hand. It would be delightful to have a man in my life who loves animals like I do, who shares my values and morals, and who would walk this road alongside of me. Although I am quite capable of handling the tough stuff, and I have plenty of laughter in my life, I truly believe that sharing a sorrow lessons the pain and sharing a joy doubles the delight. If a good guy came along, I would be just as happy to blend our lives together as I am now on my own.

By the way, for you single guys, I'm in my early 40's and I live in Central Massachusetts.

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

By the way, for you single guys, I'm in my early 40's and I live in Central Massachusetts.
But the name "Auntie Crazy" might scare them a little.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im technically not single, but since moving 3000km from someone who has turned into a Mr. Right NOW, I think I might be back solo before long

When I am single, I eventually get to the "must have a relationship stage", but then in relationships, I seem to always reach "must be single"
It is so hard for me imagining that a man who will honestly love me always exists at all...but I love myself, I have good friends, a good family, a wonderful pet....

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

I'm not single but I wanted to sneak in and read the thread so I thought I might as well post!! Hi! Not single, but I will tell you, there is much to be said for being single sometimes! Granted.. Not all the time, but at times you just want to beat
a man!
I SO agree!
I love Trav to death but sometimes I love my space more

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

I SO agree!
I love Trav to death but sometimes I love my space more
right now I will happily loan out Matt to the first person who wants him - I would LOVE a weekend alone (but can we make it next week when I don't have to work?)

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

On the other hand, if God were to send someone my way, I wouldn't dismiss him out of hand. It would be delightful to have a man in my life who loves animals like I do, who shares my values and morals, and who would walk this road alongside of me. Although I am quite capable of handling the tough stuff, and I have plenty of laughter in my life, I truly believe that sharing a sorrow lessons the pain and sharing a joy doubles the delight. If a good guy came along, I would be just as happy to blend our lives together as I am now on my own.
This is pretty much how I feel about the situation I'm in. I don't like the idea of being single, I've been involved in some sort of relationship since I was in high school. BUT now I have a very good reason to stay single, at least for a while. My baby's father isn't exactly marriage material yet, and even though I still hope that we can work things out, I know that it won't be a committed relationship for a long time, if ever.
I'm trying really hard to rely more on God to get me through this incredibly lonely time, but also I want to remain open to anyone He might send my way. Doesn't make the lonliness go away, but it makes it a little more bearable knowing I'm doing it for my little girl as much as for myself.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I was with the family for the holiday, I was feeling sad and loney. I have a "boyfreind" and we have know each other a long time, but I can't stand to be with him more than once a week, because of many things, primarily I am with him because there is no one else. He never does family things with me, or anything for that matter. So I was feeling sorry for myself, no "special realtionship, with whom I share my life etc." BUT, now that i have returned home (a 2 hour drive) put on my nightgown, fed and hugged my kitties, I am just fine, and happy to be here and single..