UK members anyone going to the Supreme tomorrow?

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The GCCF's Supreme Cat Show is being held in Birmingham tommorrow! Is anyone else going too? This is going to be my first time going to the Supreme and I am so excited!

"The Supreme Show is unique:
  • it is run by the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy itself
  • (all other Championship and Sanction Shows, large or small, are run by Affiliated Clubs)
  • to be eligible for the "Supreme" each cat must qualify at an ordinary GCCF Championship show
  • there are classes unique to the "Supreme"
  • there are titles which can only be won there
  • The show caters for all breeds of cat which are recognised by GCCF and there is a special section for Non-Pedigree cats.
There is also a competition for the best Decorated Pen."

http://www.supremecatshow.org/

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be there! Jaffa and Mosi are writing their shopping lists today and I'm dusting off the credit card

It was at the show last year that I decided I wanted a Somali. I met the breeder of Mosi's mum and had a long chat with her about the breed.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Birmingham is too far for me, I am going to the one at Olympia (London) on the 9thDec.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a great time yesterday at the Supreme and came home laden with carrier bags full of goodies for the boys! Mosi's already broken one of the toys I bought
Kitty heaven with all those cats - I want one of every breed! I had a nice chat with the breeder/owner of Mosi's father (didn't know him beforehand - just recognised the cattery prefix and mentioned Mosi to him) and it was great to see the size of the other somalis and compare Mosi to them. Mosi is only 11 months old so he's going to be a big boy by the time he's fully grown.

The show was won by a black smoke devon rex (best adult) which I was pleased with as I love them. Runners up were a seal tortie point siamese (best kitten) and a chocolate burmese (best neuter). It was nice to see the foreign type cats do well as at previous Supreme shows Persians seem to have dominated (apart from last year when a maine coon won).

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a fun time. I have a hard time with crowds but I would love to go to a cat show one day. I think we have one coming up in Phoenix in December. I'll have to check.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

I had a great time yesterday at the Supreme and came home laden with carrier bags full of goodies for the boys! Mosi's already broken one of the toys I bought
Kitty heaven with all those cats - I want one of every breed! I had a nice chat with the breeder/owner of Mosi's father (didn't know him beforehand - just recognised the cattery prefix and mentioned Mosi to him) and it was great to see the size of the other somalis and compare Mosi to them. Mosi is only 11 months old so he's going to be a big boy by the time he's fully grown.

The show was won by a black smoke devon rex (best adult) which I was pleased with as I love them. Runners up were a seal tortie point siamese (best kitten) and a chocolate burmese (best neuter). It was nice to see the foreign type cats do well as at previous Supreme shows Persians seem to have dominated (apart from last year when a maine coon won).
Glad you had a good time, how did you restrain yourself from booking at least one kitten?

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

Glad you had a good time, how did you restrain yourself from booking at least one kitten?
ha ha! I'm all kittened out with Mosi! I'd forgotten how much hard work kittens could be before I got him. No more kittens for me for a while (famous last words..)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be great! I had a great time as well! I was sitting by the Balinese and Siamese cat club stall with my mentor most the time. I got the kitties their favourite treat of cat nip cigars.

A meet up would be great next year!

I was going to show Rocket as a HHP at the National but I am going to have to cancel as a good friemd of mine is suddenly getting married (she was my bridesmaid) and I will be going to Dubai for the wedding.