Happy Turkey Day, how was your day mine was great.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got home a while ago. My dad and I went to my aunts for Thanksgiven. And it was great I got to see most of my family. Although my sister never showed and she wouldn't even answer her phones. Which I think kind of hurt my aunts feelings but I think it made her happy that we came over. My dad started to leave and I had my cousin and her daughter go out there and stop him. All in all we had a good dinner. And I made a spice cake and my baby cousin Josh took two slices and he is a very picky eater so it made me happy. My little cousin ate some of my brownies but took out the peanutbutter. My uncle had a prayer that he read it was two pages long. We were all whispering amen before he got past the first pages. And my cousin kept tickling me and making me jump and my Aunt Tina threatened to whip us both
. They asked me if I remembered the koolaid song and I didn't and my cousin said I used to sing it even in church. My Aunt Sue was there and she hadn't seen me since I was a teenager and she was so happy to see me. She didn't recognize me at first but that's because I wore makeup and I never used to and my cousin even said she had to do a double take. I was so happy the only damper was my sister not showing. But she was being a pain.

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you had a nice family gathering for Thanksgiving even if your sister didn't show up. I got a kick out of the prayer thing LOL.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, if I've remembered and added correctly (had to take my socks off
), we had 49 at our celebration. It consisted of my maternal side (+2 in-laws of a cousin). We rented my sister's church hall.

We lacked one aunt (her husband just got out of the hospital) and one cousin (he and wife just had their second child). If they had made it, it would have been 56!

Oh, and I am stuffed!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
spent mine sleeping and at work, but i did bring a weight watchers turkey dinner does that count

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Met the family at a restaurant. One brother is po'd at my dad so his family didn't show. My parents finally got to see the new grandbaby and Mom just wouldn't stop kissing on her
We had two new babies this year - Mia and my 9 m/o great-nephew.

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had a great day. I had my daughter do the entire dinner. She is 16 so it was time to pass on all the tips and tidbits. She did real good. She was surprised how heavy the turkey was

We had:
Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potates
Green Bean Cassarole
Dinner Rolls
Gravy
Deviled Eggs

She made them all herself with just me instructing.

We only had a small gathering. My mother, BF, son, daughter and myself.

I never got out of my lounging clothes all day

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

Let's see...my family went to my Aunts house for dinnner but I didn't go over. Since I had to work tonight I just slept in until it was time to get up and get ready to go in. No biggie though- I volunteered to work and it's hard to pass it up when I'm practically making double time for working the holiday.

Bryan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AsecretK

We had a great day. I had my daughter do the entire dinner. She is 16 so it was time to pass on all the tips and tidbits. She did real good. She was surprised how heavy the turkey was
:
Well we have one of those turkey roasters so we only have to pick it up once.