Queens

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello

I was just curious just like tom cats do Queens often fight more often and become more agressive when left unspayed?

I noticed unspayed queens seem to be quicker to scrap while the spayed females seem more reluctant

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that when my feral MotherCat was finally spayed, she mellowed out a great deal.

I think it would have something to do with the driving instinct to protect her kits no matter how old they were. I watched MotherCat tackle a dog one time, and her kits for 6 months old at the time.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

Hello

I was just curious just like tom cats do Queens often fight more often and become more agressive when left unspayed?

I noticed unspayed queens seem to be quicker to scrap while the spayed females seem more reluctant
Female cats are ruled by their hormones and as such...are more prone to having emotional spats. However they are also at a greater risk of cancers and pyometra...yet another reason why it is important to spay a cat as early as possible.

Katie

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cat Kinks was the MEANEST little cat when we just found her. I mean she was agressive and would go out of her way to attack us if we walked too close. After spaying she became a totally different cat. We can do anything to her but touch her belly or tail and she purrs and coos and talks to us and she even will curl up on our laps and in bed and she gives "hugs"...

It turns out part of the agression was because she was in slight pain. She ended up having a few cysts on her ovaries. If we never spayed her we wouldn't have found them until possibly it was too late. We would have just assumed she was a fiesty, mean little girl.