Originally Posted by Slave2_Ragdolls
Onions are the absolutely worst thing you can give a cat........it will make them anemic and eventually cause kidney falure THEN DEATH. Mushrooms are poisen as well..........DO NOT EVER FEED EITHER TO YOUR CAT!
Onions yes, but mushrooms? If they were "poison" to cats, I'd have a lot of dead cats. Pirate ate them for close to 23 years, and Jamie has been eating them for 7 1/2.
There are poisonous mushrooms, of course, and I wouldn't feed ones picked in the woods, etc., to cats or humans, but organic, store-bought mushrooms aren't going to harm them, and a lot of cats love them.