Old member, returning

penny v.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's such a long time since I had a chance to visit and post to this site that I feel I should re-introduce myself! When I last posted, we (husband, son, daughter and I) had two cats, a black girl called Molly and a black and white girl, Susie. I've had cats for over thirty years, usually rescues, though I had three Siamese early on.
Anyway, DH and DD have been pestering for more kittnes this last year. I was too worried to go along with this as we have two terriers. They're VERY sweet dogs, but, you know, terriers are terriers and they chase any strange cats out of the garden (and are yelled at by me for doing so...) Anyway, this summer I found a petshop that had kittens (after no luck at all with cat shelters. We were very keen to get a tabby - we've always had tabbies and we missed them.) The petshop didn't have any tabbies, either, but they did have a wee grey and cream kitten who looked just like a blue-point Siamese apart from her cream toes and light eyes. I just fell in love with her and so did the rest of the family when we went to pick her up! We called her Mimi and kept her in DS's room for about a week, introducing her to the dogs very carefully, but it soon became clear she had nothing to fear from them and they were soon all in together. Then DD saw an advert for kittens in our local petsupermarket. We went along and brought back Tom, a tabby and white kitten. We were so confident with the dogs now that we just showed them each other in the sitting room and let them make friends - which they did! Daisy, our female dog, mothers them, while Bobby, the male, puts up with them stealing his biscuits to play with and hanging on his tail! Molly and Susie are not so thrilled, but they're beginning to come round...
Sorry to go on for so long. Once I've remembered how to post pictures, I'll send some. We've taken loads!

Penny

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back
Your new additions are beautiful!

If you need any help finding your way around the site, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and welcome back, Mimi sound wonderful
for some reason I couldnt see any photos in your 2nd post, but I´ll check again !

Well enjoy catching up, you´ll soon become addicted again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

penny v.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Welcome back!
What adorable cats!
Your siamese takes my breath away!
We don't know where she got her Siamese looks from...
With her, in the cage in the petshop, were her black and white brother and her grey sister. A man had just handed them in, so the petshop people didn't know her history... I wish I could have taken them all...
We feel that she's almost a rescue cat because we rescued her from that cage. We love that wee girl!
She's so sweet and purry and loves to rub her face against ours...

Here she is with her big brother, Bobby, who's half Border Terrier and half Jack Russell

Penny

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Penny and wonderful family:

Oh, don't apologize -- we LOVE long posts especially those from people who truly love, and open their hearts and homes to, multiple rescued cats! You're great!!!

We are 9! rescued, indoor-only, spayed/neutered felines; I am the eldest at almost 17, and Baby Su is our youngest, just "terrible two"! Our devoted servant has lived with, loved, rescued, and advoCATed for cats all her life, and she is always overjoyed when she encounters anyone who adopts and rescues street, shelter and sanctuary cats, multiple cats, adult cats, and special-needs cats, all of whom are every bit as lovely as "purebred" cats, but who are too often overlooked. "UNTIL THERE ARE NONE (homeless, that is) ADOPT ONE! (or preferably, more than one)" is our motto.

The Sticky's at the top of the page of posts will tell you how to post pix -- provided you have DSL and not, like us "peons", dialup...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

penny v.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for all your kind, welcoming letters. It's good to be back!
We are all so loving having our two new babies and it's such a relief to see that terriers and kittens can be great friends. Here's Mimi again, sharing the heat from the stove with her big brother... And I was afraid that the pups would see the kittens as 'prey'!

Penny

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/PennyV/NovDec06PetsandKids016.jpg