kitten wrangler

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What was I thinking giving up my bedroom to the rescued litter!!!!???? 2 of them are gone, and there's only 3 left but at 8 weeks now they're little terrors! I had forgotten how bad Chester was at 4 months...I'm in for it.
This week for 3 days in a row I have been awoken at 6:30 in the morning with kittens playing on my head...and sometimes with one running laps on my...well...lap (legs).
Since mom and dad are out of town this week I've taken over mom's bed where I can hear them running like mad up and down my bedroom.
Everytime I go into my room I have to preplan why I'm going in there (make the most out of the visit); preplan my method of attack; and once in there plan my method of exit. Usually it ends up with my opening the door and the kittens running full throttle into an awaiting Chester at the top of the stairs, who very gently plays with them and helps them down said stairs.
Was thinking (not seriously) of penning the outside of my room...essentially making a kitty corral. Somehow I think they'd get over it rather quickly...might slow them down though. It took me 15 minutes to get out of my room tonight, because as I caught and placed one kitten in the room the others would run out...would have been funny if it weren't me.

Ah...the joys of kittens. At least I'm safe down here *listens to the scampering* Sounds like tomorrow it's time for a "lock them in the large saftey of the livingroom" day.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!!! I hear the sounds of elephants every night when I go to bed and think someone is running through the house.Only to realize they are............4 kits!!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i only have 1 kitten, and it sounded like he was going to come though the floor

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

LOL!!! I hear the sounds of elephants every night when I go to bed and think someone is running through the house.Only to realize they are............4 kits!!!
I gave up and let them have run of the house about 2 weeks ago... I don't have the energy to fight them..Yes, I wake up to tipped trash cans, mangled paper towels, and dishes knocked out of cabinets but at least they get thier exercise and had fun doing it

Might I add, mine also sound like a heard of wild mustangs going down the hallway at 3 in the morning...followed by a dog trying to herd them into the bedroom

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I gave up and let them have run of the house about 2 weeks ago... I don't have the energy to fight them..Yes, I wake up to tipped trash cans, mangled paper towels, and dishes knocked out of cabinets but at least they get thier exercise and had fun doing it

Might I add, mine also sound like a heard of wild mustangs going down the hallway at 3 in the morning...followed by a dog trying to herd them into the bedroom
That has got to be a sight set up a cam to video that and send it to america's funniest home videos.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When my girls were small we would put them in the hallway with 2 babygates up. But then Mooch learned she could climb the gates! Even tilted! Smart little buggers! But ya just gotta love em!

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, the pitter pat of little feet! I am constantly amazed how something so small can make so much noise and cause such destruction. Just laugh and give them a snuggle

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know what you're going through. I've put up "corrals" before. But aren't they just tons of fun???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup! They sure are fun! Lots of energy today! We brought them down here for more room/human interaction and they've already torn apart the place...it's been half an hour. Silly little guys!