Just scheduled my tattoo appointment

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Appointment? You make appointments now? Back when I was a sailor I would just stumble in drunk, get a tattoo, and be on my way.

Don't be nervous... the more you think about it, the worse it will be.. Just walk in like it's your 10th tattoo and it will be said, done and over with before you know it!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh yeah
well back when i was in a Turkish Prision serving 4 years, we used to use urine and burned black rubber from our boot bottoms. Hurt like hell! got some nice skulls and naked chicks...

(just kidding..saw it on a discovery channel show lol)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phishmarisol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

Is this your first tattoo? What are you getting? How exciting!
Yep, my first!

I'm getting this on my left wrist:

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xposigroovex

Yep, my first!

I'm getting this on my left wrist:

that is pretty!!! on your wrist though............um, that MAY hurt.

by the way, they are VERY addiciting! I have 3 of them and want a few more.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I want to get another tattoo soon. They really are addicting. I think I am going to wait until after Christmas though. This is what I want:

I got it from here. http://www.gurl.com/games/selectors/0,,628205,00.html It's pretty cool. You answer a few questions and it shows you a tattoo.
I did the thing twice, and the first time it came up with a salamander, the second a frog...I think its trying to tell me something. It got the place right though, between my shoulderblades... I would have a dragon if i could.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With your sun swirling in on itself like this, you are way hotter than hot.
this is what mine said

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any tats but I like them I am just afraid of needles. I know they say it doesn't hurt but they would have to hold me down and I am a very strong girl

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I might interject a note here......please be sure that their equipment is sterilized.

HIV can be spread by the needles because they cause bleeding, if they are not carefully cleaned and sterilized.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A good way to check for sterilization is for autoclave marks....there will be somewhere on the needle package that changes colour when it has been successfully sterilized...if the colour dot is not there, make sure to get a new needle!
I agree with everyone about the addictiveness, I have 2 tats and try very hard all the time not to get more lol!

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
most tattoo centers use disposable needles these days. I have one...hurt like heck I'd rather have a baby. I thought i'd die...and that was just getting the outline. When they told me they still had to fill it in *ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* they might be addicting but I've had this one for over 20 plus years with no plans for another...*only child tattoo* hahahaha

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my sister has a bunch of tattoos and she told me that you can't drink before hand because it will make you bleed alot. So don't get drunk or anything before you do it.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Oh my sister has a bunch of tattoos and she told me that you can't drink before hand because it will make you bleed alot. So don't get drunk or anything before you do it.
Alcohol thins your blood.. so does any pain meds. Some artists are starting to use a topical solution to numb the area... doesn't mean it always works though

phishmarisol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

If I might interject a note here......please be sure that their equipment is sterilized.

HIV can be spread by the needles because they cause bleeding, if they are not carefully cleaned and sterilized.
Will definitely check out the shop beforehand. They have a really nice website and I feel very comfortable going there.

www.kevinstattoozoo.com

phishmarisol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

No worries there. The tat is a straight edge tattoo. That means no drinking/drugs/promiscuous sex. So, absolutely no chance I'll be walking in there drunk, but thanks for the info nonetheless!