my cat's meowing in the bathroom!!

catscat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat has a strange obsession with the bathroom.

she'd go into the bathroom and meow, and for quite some time.
She does this at least 2-3 times a day, until I kick her out of the washroom.

I'm not sure what she wants, or what she finds so interesting in the place.
She'd also meow, wait in front of the bathroom door everytime I go in.
I've checked her food/water bowl in case she was looking for food/water,
played with her favourite toys, everything
but she'd always go into the bathroom and meow...

WHAT DOES SHE WANT???

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First of all welcome to TCS!!

My cats are the same way when it comes to the washroom
they are strange little creatures aren't they?

I think it's more about that when you are in there with the door shut they are curious and want to be able to see you.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betsy loves to meow in the bathroom, must be good acoustics or something

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Betsy loves to meow in the bathroom, must be good acoustics or something
That's what I was going to say! Great accoustics! (and no, I don't meow in the bathroom!
Yes, my name is Betsy...)

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

That's what I was going to say! Great accoustics! (and no, I don't meow in the bathroom!
Yes, my name is Betsy...)

wout

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is she usually allowed in the bathroom ?

Aris does this in my bedroom when he manages to sneak in.. I suspect him to be shouting: "Look at me ! I got in ! You couldn't keep me out ! I rule supremely !"

The acoustic thing is also possible, though, since I have a lower ceiling inthere.. and our boys are certainly musical

katje

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine have a fascination with the bathroom aswell. When i take a bath or shower, i at least two and sometimes all five visiting, depending on how long I am in there. I have two that are automatically there when i turn on the water though. And all of them have a look on their face of " what are you DOING in there????" when visiting me while taking a bath. Cats and water you know... Im scared of spiders, yet fascinated at the same time...think its something like that.

Meanwhile, i think your kitty has learnt that if she goes to that place and meows, you come running. OK it to kick her out, but she got your attention, didnt she?

pippen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think it's because the bathroom is one of the most happening places in the house!

Our cat loves it not only because he's got one of us
he also loves water. He used to lay outside the door when someone had a shower and race like a madman to hop in/near the tub when that person got out. These days he's not so eager to get in but we realized he wasn't drinking at all in from his water bowl and looking for fresh from the bathroom or laundry room that we just keep a glass of water on the edge of the tub and refill it for him there.

mrshaggis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Boots adores the bathroom and especially the bath. He can play with the plug for hours on end - as long as I'm in the next room. And whenever he cannot get the plug out of the hole he sits and meows/screams at it as if to say "why can't I do this!!" He gets really frustrated!!

Could be your cat is frustrated with something in there.