worst gift

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's the worst gift you ever got for Christmas?
I used to open all my gifts and rewrap them, I couldn't stand to wait, untill my 1st hubby got wise and wrapped an oil filter and 4 or 6 quarts of oil in a huge box with my name on it I opened it and thought
he knows I've been doing that
I didn't do it anymore
because he put tape along every edge

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sassy lady!!!

The worst gift i ever got was an orniment that said Christmas 2003....just last year.
lol...i am not sure if those who gave it to me (an older couple who had short notice) realized the date but I felt a little awkward.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh...last year, my sister gave me shampoo and conditioner..Apparently, it was a fancy salon brand, BUT still....shampoo?? For Christmas? My only gift from her too!

And no it wasn't a hint...I am very hygienic and yes I do shower daily

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

That's what you get for being sneaky!!!
I probably still have that gift somewhere
He didn't include instructions on how to do that oil change

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Great Aunt gives the worst gifts. She's older, close to 80, and I'm not sure if she's just gone crazy or if she just doesn't know what younger people want. But she always buys me the most out of date clothing. Once she even bought me under wear, and not any, they were the big baggy granny panty style.
Another time she bought me a sweater that looked like it had belonged to a referee.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember getting a toy from the toy department when I was 24!!! It was some game labeled "ages 7 and up".

This happened to be the same year that my brothers in laws were visiting and the MIL whispered to my SIL "Why does Lunasmom Mom think she is still 7?"

I was so embarrassed and complained to my mom about it and I haven't seen anything that came from the Toy Department since...I just get whats on the list.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

My Great Aunt gives the worst gifts. She's older, close to 80, and I'm not sure if she's just gone crazy or if she just doesn't know what younger people want. But she always buys me the most out of date clothing. Once she even bought me under wear, and not any, they were the big baggy granny panty style.
Another time she bought me a sweater that looked like it had belonged to a referee.

Oh

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a curling wand one year. Not a bad present but kind of confusing since my hair is naturally in ringlets!!

I've got a pretty bad card, though. Before my first wedding, my then fiance received an engagement card from his grandmother, entitled `To Andy and Partner'. Partner!! She could have found out my name, at least!!

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My former MIL gave me a set of the most brilliant green towels. I cannot stand bright green and she knew this!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bit of backwards logic you think? Not a bad choice then!

I edited my post to include about a bad card I got - you won't believe it...I didn't!!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

I've got a pretty bad card, though. Before my first wedding, my then fiance received an engagement card from his grandmother, entitled `To Andy and Partner'. Partner!! She could have found out my name, at least!!
oh my goodness!
thats just funny!
I would have died laughing if i were you.
So next time send her a card that says
Merry Christmas so & so's grandma
Ha! take that Granny!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have a great aunt w/ weird taste. One year I got a nightgown size XXXL! At the time, I was not even overweight. Disturbing. My father got a sweater the same colour as the one Captain Kirk wore, and my brother, who was then 16, got a leggo set....he couldn't figure out why our aunt seemed to think he was 8 yrs old every year!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

oh my goodness!
thats just funny!
We did! We kept it on the mantelpiece for five years and had a laugh every time we looked at it! We are divorced now, but I still have that card!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

What's the worst gift you ever got for Christmas?
I used to open all my gifts and rewrap them, I couldn't stand to wait, untill my 1st hubby got wise and wrapped an oil filter and 4 or 6 quarts of oil in a huge box with my name on it I opened it and thought
he knows I've been doing that
I didn't do it anymore
because he put tape along every edge
OMG one year DH got me a lava lamp! Don't know why?! Never said I wanted one. I guess it's the thought that counts

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

oh my goodness!
thats just funny!
So next time send her a card that says
Merry Christmas so & so's grandma
Ha! take that Granny!
It could have been worse then partner it could have been :What's her name"
That's kinda like him getting some nice new stuff and her getting something old

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The 1st xmas my dad married my 2nd step mother..She must of been in charge of the gift buying that year. I had been at the house and been offered coffee and I had said neither I nor hubby ever drink coffee. We had a discussion about not liking coffee. What did I open for xmas a set of four coffee cups with ducks on them! My dad was avid duck hunter so I'm sure they had been re gifted to me.
Usually he was a great gift giver so I'm sure she did this.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I haven't really got a bad gift but my Late husband did, his grandmother got him a GIRL'S Sweater for Christmas
That was the family joke for years!
Oh I bet it was
Did he wear it for her?