Ahhhh...the joys of a muliple cat household.

bazkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 7 cats...on three different foods. What fun!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Isnt it just a joy?
I have 5 who all love different things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bazkitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's wonderful!
I have four on Natural Balance (but may be switching as I think it is a little rich for them...their coats look wonderful, though!)

Two on prescription EN...hopefully only for a little bit until things settle with them, though.

And last but not least, one on Royal Canin Urinary SO, for the rst of her life as long as it works for her.

I've spent so much time at my vet's since March, I think I live there...

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I guess I am pretty lucky that I only have 3 pick eaters, out of a crew of 10 or so. Dianna and one of the fosters named Tinkerbell will not touch anything but beef. Since I switched to Purina Naturals for their dry food everyone loves it and they all look great.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of mine eat the same thing. I guess I'm lucky. I don't know how I'd keep them from eating each other's food. All of mine tend to switch dishes and "share" with one another.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm stuck with one losing weight while the other is gaining weight. I'm getting more exercise picking the food bowl up for lil miss piggy and putting it down for lil miss anorexia. The third is supposed to be on a special diet and I'm not sure what she's eating.

cathyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two on prescription diets and it's a nightmare. My baby Scooter has a liver shunt and if he eats a crumb of regular cat food he will have a seizure. I have to be so careful because if I miss a piece on the floor he will find it.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got 5 cats on 5 different foods. If Damita touches someone else's, she vomints within 30 minutes & is miserable for days. Oh yeah....and they all wants whats in her dish, not theirs!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I've got 5 cats on 5 different foods. If Damita touches someone else's, she vomints within 30 minutes & is miserable for days. Oh yeah....and they all wants whats in her dish, not theirs!
Has anyone ever been tempted to give cat A's food to cat B and visa-versa so they will go off and eat other one's food and thus eat the correct food? (not that I would do this in real life)

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4 on kitten food and then Blaze on adult food.She always wants theirs and they want hers.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I'm stuck with one losing weight while the other is gaining weight. I'm getting more exercise picking the food bowl up for lil miss piggy and putting it down for lil miss anorexia. The third is supposed to be on a special diet and I'm not sure what she's eating.
Hey I have a lil miss anorexia too..Soph is like Naomi Campbell...maybe that's why she's always in a bad mood

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try having one with allergies so that means you have to drive half an hour to the only shop in the area that carries food that he can eat, set it down in a bowl with a flourish, and then get a look like "Right Meowmy, like I'm going to even try to eat this."

Then the shy cat starts eating said food because he'll eat anything that is put in front of him. After that the gray cat eats it simply out of spite.

We have lots of food issues here.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you all feed them locked up in different rooms? I would think it would be hard to manage feeding multiple cats a variety of different things, all in the same area.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah yes, the ever-present feeding dilemmas.
I feed four of mine on my dryer, because the dog eats their food otherwise.
I feed my CRF girl (Bella) on the kitchen counter, because if I feed her anywhere near the other four, they'll eat her food before she can. And at $16 for 4lbs, I can't afford that!!!!!
If the two older ones are around when I put the dog's food down, they'll nose into his bowl too
And he STILL isn't losing weight *sigh*