Santa Claus...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old were you when you found out about Santa?

I was about 8... I heard paper rustling downstairs in the living room. I leaned over the steps and seen my mom and dad wrapping presents. I wasn't upset because from then on I could say "I KNOW Santa didn't forget it because he doesn't exist. But YOU do"

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What do you mean? There's no Santa!?!?

Just teasing, I was in 1st grade when I figured it out. I remember finding it funny and then telling my 4 year old sister how I learned there was no Santa. I had a friend who actually believed in Santa until 5th grade.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
22! It was during my 3rd Christmas stationed on Okinawa that I finally figured it out....the first 2 I thought he just wasn't flying 3800 miles over Mother Russian for nobody!!

Actually, I was 5 I think

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never believed in it. And I haven't continue'd that little tradition with my daughter. Hubby and I believe we should not lie to our child. Even when it is in the spirit of the holidays.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I was 9 or 10. I basically knew before that but that was when I found out for sure. My sister just turned 13 and I think she still believes in Santa. At least she did last year. I'm 20 and my presents all still say from Santa every year.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

How old were you when you found out about Santa?

I was about 8... I heard paper rustling downstairs in the living room. I leaned over the steps and seen my mom and dad wrapping presents. I wasn't upset because from then on I could say "I KNOW Santa didn't forget it because he doesn't exist. But YOU do"
I found out when I was about 8 when I caught my Dad riding the bikes into the house

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Geez! Was Santa putting Metamucil in your stocking?
Don't be mean! She might be sensitive about that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I found out when I was about 8 when I caught my Dad riding the bikes into the house
You're dad was like that too?
Last year my son got an OCC bike from my parent's for his B-Day. My mom had Justice go outside and look down the street. (I didn't even know what was going on
) And my dad came around the corner riding it

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really can't remember, but I would say quite young.

My mother used to do this enchanting thing on Christmas Eve. She'd put out the milk and fruitcake for Father Christmas, of course, and when I got up in the morning, the plate and glass were washed, and back in the cupboard (upside down!)

But also, she would put out a bowl of water for the reindeer. I'd get up, and the water would be pink! From Rudolph's nose! (Mum with her handy food-colouring!) That one got me EVERY year...and I plan to do it with my own kids. I'll never forget it.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found out when I was nine, because I heard my dad cursing downstairs because he had dropped the cookies and milk in the tree....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

But also, she would put out a bowl of water for the reindeer. I'd get up, and the water would be pink! From Rudolph's nose! (Mum with her handy food-colouring!) That one got me EVERY year...and I plan to do it with my own kids. I'll never forget it.
Oh What a GREAT Idea!

I will have to do that with my kids! Never thought of that!