What have you heard about the cat food brand maxximum

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It falls under my ... IF you ONLY have a Walmart to get pet food it is okay ..

It contains animal digest ( google that) .... cellulose ( often nothing more than sawdust ) and most contain alot of corn still ... Is it better than most grocery foods YES ... but for the same price you can do better at a Bog box pet store

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalbeauties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
would you recammendite for a possible pregnant female? When she was at the cattery and came back her achne was gone

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tend to disagree that Maxximum Nutrition brand is low-end, but that's just me. I feed it to at least one of my cats and the ones who do eat it do well on it. My Lexus is extremely picky about what she will eat and what will agree with her digestive system ... she eats the Maxximum Nutrition Kitten formula (purple bag) daily with no problems at all - she had major digestive issues with just about ALL of the "better" quality foods.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard it's about the same quality as iams on the pet food scale.. High end grocery store stuff... Personally I prefer purina one over iams- have never fed maxximum- prefer to stick with what I know my cats will be okay with, which is nutro, purina one, pro plan usually.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looking at the kitten on that chart it is far better than the Maxiumm I looked at in store .... The kitten if it reads like that chart ( thank you
) then it looks like a true premium( low end but still premium)

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Looking at the kitten on that chart it is far better than the Maxiumm I looked at in store .... The kitten if it reads like that chart ( thank you
) then it looks like a true premium( low end but still premium)
Well, the list is from April 2002 so there is the possibility that the formula has changed. Perhaps somebody who is feeding Maxximum could check the label and let us know. What surprised me, if the chart is correct, is that the first listed igredients are actually better than some of the more expensive brands - Royal Canin for instance.

smokiethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have that bag right in front of me....I feed it to my kitten and he is wonderfully healthy.

36% protein
22% fat
2.5% fiber
12% moisture
.17%taurine

Ingredients in order.... chicken,chicken meal, brewers rice, fish meal,corn gluten meal, animal fat preserved with mixed tocopherols, corn meal, dried egg product, dried beet pulp, animal digest, ..............and then it gets into all the vitamins and minerals.

So,how does it look? This IS the kitten formula MAXXIMUM

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ingredients in order.... chicken,chicken meal, brewers rice not a quality rice as you are getting by products of the beer making process , fish mealI would like to know what fish
,corn gluten meal, animal fat preserved with mixed tocopherolswhy not tell me who??, corn meal not great in the digestive arena ..., dried egg product, dried beet pulp, animal digest YUCK ..............and then it gets into all the vitamins and minerals.

It is a Low end Premium ... If it didnt have the digest and I was on a tight $$ I would try it

bengalbeauties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The breeder I work with suggested it and said it's great for all her cats and kittens. Do you think it is worth the money? Thanks for the link looking now

bengalbeauties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Comparing Purina Adult Cat Chow (current feeding) with Maxxium (want to switch to for a possible pregnant cat

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ANY PREMIUM food is likely beter than Cat chow due to better ingrediants...

Can you get to a Petco or Petsmart??

compare labels

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No Maxxium is wal mart s brand ... but you can learn alot about food s in a big box store( pet) ...