That cat is taking years off my life....

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar had a very busy morning. Kitty speedway for a good 3 hours! All over the bookcases and sofa, books and CDs flying in all directions.

At one point he raced along one set of bookcases, flew to the back of the sofa and along that (accompanied by 'claws scrabbling on fabric' sound effects), up onto the other set of bookcases along the very top shelf at high speed, and launched himself at cheetah-speed onto the top of the sitting room door... his momentum was such that he slipped, his weight knocked the door off the door-stopper, and he was holding onto the top of the door by his front paws, scrabbling with his back legs as the door slowly swung closed.

It was as if time stopped, there he is up near the ceiling scrabbling for purchase on the top of a shiny gloss-painted door, all the while getting closer and closer to having his front feet shut in the door as it was closing. I swear I've never moved so fast, not bad for someone with joint problems. I got there just in the nick of time to stop the door closing on his feet, he regained his poise and managed to get back up onto the top of the door. Dread to think what my pulse was. I am going to have to get a bigger, heavier door-stop so that the door can't move.

He also tried to hunt the ceiling
, slipped and fell from the top of the bookcase, slid down the back of the sofa twice (more claw/fabric sound effects), and at one point leaped from the back of the sofa aiming at one of the lower shelves on the bookcase - a shelf which is full of CDs, which he smacked into head first. He has also been eyeing up the ceiling lamp-shade from the top of the bookcase, I really hope he doesn't try leaping onto it as it's only made of stiff paper.

I think he must have been dropped on the head by his mum-cat, he's 'not quite all there'

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I think he must have been dropped on the head by his mum-cat, he's 'not quite all there'

Sounds like my RB baby Booker. I SWEAR he wasn't all there.

He would do the same thing.. We called it "Kitty500" through the house.
Right now the Cat Brat Gang are playing King of The Mountain on the couch and in the blinds...then into the kitchen, up the curtains and down the hallway... then starting all over again

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitty tag going on right now at my house. So far no one has tried to climb the doors but they do leap from the top of the recliners and couch at whomever is "it". I Seem to spend most of my day picking up whatever has been knocked off the shelves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He also growled at the mail when it came through the letterbox

I've never heard him growl before and I have to say it was pathetic, my parrot growls more convincingly than that!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

He also growled at the mail when it came through the letterbox

I've never heard him growl before and I have to say it was pathetic, my parrot growls more convincingly than that!
You should hear these 4 growl at the spider