Why is this happening to me?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I went to the store to pick up a few things for dinner. I KNOW I took just my wallet in with me. The store was incredibly crowded! I grabbed what I needed and went to checkout. As I reach for my wallet, it's gone!
I looked all through the cart and it's nowhere to be found. Thinking maybe I left it in the truck, I apologized to the cashier, and told them I would be right back. I checked the truck, (even the bed) and nothing. I called DH and asked him if he's seen it. Maybe I had a "senior moment" and sat it down before leaving... Nothing. So I headed home to look for it. I have torn this house upside down and inside out and I can't find it.

DH told me to wait until this morning to call the bank and cancel everything to make sure I didn't accidently drop it in the yard or driveway. Nope.. Nothing. So I just called my bank, had everything cancelled. I'm glad I have fraud and theft on my bank but the bad part is, there was only about $15 in the bank and about $60 in my wallet.. gone!
DH asked me if I remember taking it in the store last night and I am almost 100% POSITIVE I did! I didn't set it down either. I'm very leary of it. But I do remember someone bumping into me. A lady probably mid 30's.
I am not saying she did it, but it's a possibility...Now I have to get a new DL, SS cards for the kids and me, new insurance cards for the kids, new checks... everything...

I feel so stupid!
Why does stuff keep happening to me?

I feel like just when things MIGHT be looking up, I get drug down again..

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a deep breath. Things will get better. Atleast you realized it was gone in time to cancel it before they had a chance to steal much more. Make sure you keep a close eye on the social security stuff becasue they can take credit cards and such out in your sons names and ruin their credit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Take a deep breath. Things will get better. Atleast you realized it was gone in time to cancel it before they had a chance to steal much more. Make sure you keep a close eye on the social security stuff becasue they can take credit cards and such out in your sons names and ruin their credit.
I'm hoping it doesn't happen.
I'm waiting for the bank to call me this morning to let me know if any charges were made after 6:00pm last night.If so, it wasn't me
Originally Posted by rosiemac

That's a sickener
Do your shopping trolleys not have a hook in front of the handle br to put your bag straps over?.
No they only have the seats for kids to sit on.

I'm going to have to borrow MORE money from my mom and dad now. Just when I got out of debt with them last month.
I have no dog/cat food. and so much for Thanksgiving dinner... guess we'll be eating at my mom's

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Why were you just carrying your wallet and not the whole bag?
I never do... I always carry my wallet in my pocket.. THOUGHT it was safer. Ap41p41a+595+ (Daisy says hi) I guess I was wrong.. If it's not in my pocket, it's tucked under my arm. When you're dealing with 2 screaming kids and tryin to run in and out of a store it is alot easier

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I'm going to have to borrow MORE money from my mom and dad now. Just when I got out of debt with them last month.
I have no dog/cat food. and so much for Thanksgiving dinner... guess we'll be eating at my mom's
Just bethankful that you can turn to your parents to give you a hand when you need it. A lot of people can't do that!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Just bethankful that you can turn to your parents to give you a hand when you need it. A lot of people can't do that!
This is true. But I'll get the whole "responsibility" speech. Which I don't mind. But it will be thrown in my face a million times over and over... even after I pay them back.. That its self sometimes isn't worth it.
I might end up asking my brother in Ky. If he can

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know exactly what you mean Alycia, only too well
makes you wanna just
doesn't it? never think it can't get worse, cause trust me, it soooooooo can
you're not alone though
I'm right here with ya

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry this happened to you.

To all: I work with Social Security fraud. Please please don't carry Social Security cards in your wallet. You don't need them with you. If your SSN is compromised, you do NOT need to call the SSA fraud hotline (benefit fraud only), but you should call the FTC (ID theft) hotline- toll free 877-438-4338.

ETA: Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, you seem way calmer than I would be..I would be losing it.

That totally sucks...Maybe you will still find it..I hope so.

What a huge pain in the butt..I'm sorry

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sooo sorry...

This happened to me one time.. I had gone to the quick checkout do your own type of scan thing.. I was up at a family reunion non the less.. I brought only my wallet in,, and when I got done paying.. I left my wallet.. I mean stupidly left my wallet on the quick checkout.. So I got like right to the door, and turn back around and it was gone... Completely gone.. Someone swipped it that quick.. And I paniced.. I had my card, and $200 in cash,, and my license the whole works.. It really sucked.. Luckily I didn't have the ssn# card in there I keep that in my safe.. But it was soo discerning.. I was soo upset..
I learned from that mistake.....

Sorryyy this happened.. But it'll get better...
The bright side is you didn't lose a ton of money.. that's the bright side.. I lost $200 and a Liz Claiborne Wallet,, which was expensive.. was a gift.. It sucked.... Bad... But it does get better..

Heather..

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

This is true. But I'll get the whole "responsibility" speech. Which I don't mind. But it will be thrown in my face a million times over and over... even after I pay them back.. That its self sometimes isn't worth it.
I might end up asking my brother in Ky. If he can
Maybe a check cashing place.. Like Check n Go,, or Check into Cash.. Paydayok.com is a cheap fees place... Be better then asking for help.....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would contact the credit reporting agencies (Trans Union.Experian, Equifax) too.
You can go on their website-in FL its one of the last two I mentioned) and put a 90 day fraud alert on your credit bureau. Just contact one agency and they will alert the others. You can also have a statement put on your credit report that states you need to be contacted before any credit is granted too.
That's a bummer about the wallet. The one large grocery store I go to now has signs all over the store about watching your purse while shopping.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to add my sympathy. I had it happen to me at an airport once and it feels awful, apart from the bummer of losing the money etc. The amazing thing was I got my wallet back eventually - from the police in a different country, who found it in a railway station, but no money of course. good luck, I hope you have a better time soon.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

To all: I work with Social Security fraud. Please please don't carry Social Security cards in your wallet. You don't need them with you. If your SSN is compromised, you do NOT need to call the SSA fraud hotline (benefit fraud only), but you should call the FTC (ID theft) hotline- toll free 877-438-4338.

ETA: Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Originally Posted by angelkitty

I'm sooo sorry...

This happened to me one time.. I had gone to the quick checkout do your own type of scan thing.. I was up at a family reunion non the less.. I brought only my wallet in,, and when I got done paying.. I left my wallet.. I mean stupidly left my wallet on the quick checkout.. So I got like right to the door, and turn back around and it was gone... Completely gone.. Someone swipped it that quick.. And I paniced.. I had my card, and $200 in cash,, and my license the whole works.. It really sucked.. Luckily I didn't have the ssn# card in there I keep that in my safe.. But it was soo discerning.. I was soo upset..
I learned from that mistake.....

Sorryyy this happened.. But it'll get better...
The bright side is you didn't lose a ton of money.. that's the bright side.. I lost $200 and a Liz Claiborne Wallet,, which was expensive.. was a gift.. It sucked.... Bad... But it does get better..

Heather..
Mine was an italian leather wallet my mom brought back from Italy a few weeks ago. I don't know the name. It might not have been expensive (I don't know how much) but it was sentimental to me.

Originally Posted by GailC

I would contact the credit reporting agencies (Trans Union.Experian, Equifax) too.
You can go on their website-in FL its one of the last two I mentioned) and put a 90 day fraud alert on your credit bureau. Just contact one agency and they will alert the others. You can also have a statement put on your credit report that states you need to be contacted before any credit is granted too.
That's a bummer about the wallet. The one large grocery store I go to now has signs all over the store about watching your purse while shopping.
Originally Posted by Bella713

Did you call the grocery store maybe you dropped it and someone turned it in?? That would be lucky I know...I'm sorry this just stinks!!!!
My bank reports it all for me. Thank god!
I carry my card with me because of DH's business, Any time I have to go to the customer's bank to verify fund they ask for my ID and SS card. I normally don't carry the kids with me but when I took Deacon to the dentist the other day I had to have it. I stuck it in there and forgot to take it out. Normally they are in my desk here at home.
I called the store last night and they hadn't seen it. They told me to call again this morning to see if someone who was stocking overnight found it. I did and nothing.
And trust me, last night and this morning I was in hysterics over it. I literally have NO money now.. nothing. I can't use my duplicate checks because they've all been cancelled and my bank doesn't give out temp cards. I asked if I went into the bank if I could draw out the money..I could..with ID! I can't go get another DL because it's $10 and I have NO MONEY... So I'm pretty much screwed all around.
When it rains, it pours.
Why do people do this? I know it's the holidays and people are hard up for money/food. But when you see someone w/2 kids you KNOW they are trying to support and feed them.. why? I just don't understand it

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grrr! And to top it off, my friend (the one I posted about needing help) just called me and asked if she could borrow $20. I told her what happened last night and her response was "Well, sell one of your birds, or maybe you're playstation for a couple hundred and then lend me $20"...
Who in the **** is she to say that?! I told her I was TRYING to sell the kayak but it's not looking good but that doesn't mean I'm going to give her the money...
SOME PEOPLE!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that must be tuff, this time of year is the worst for having thngs stolden, more desperate people walking around looking to something to take.
I hope you work everything out and everything ends up ok.
As far as Dinner I'm cooking for just ME
Ya'll can come here for dinner
My Girls and family's all have plans witch is perfectly fine with me, as a matter of fact I kinda told them I didn't want to cook
We have some sibleing problems this year between sisters
and I'm tired of trying to find peace keep peace or make peace so I told my hubby I am not going to go through it anymore..But Your Welcome I'd rather see you and your Zoo then agureing with 40 something year olds
I'm sure everything will work out

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I'm sorry that must be tuff, this time of year is the worst for having thngs stolden, more desperate people walking around looking to something to take.
I hope you work everything out and everything ends up ok.
As far as Dinner I'm cooking for just ME
Ya'll can come here for dinner
My Girls and family's all have plans witch is perfectly fine with me, as a matter of fact I kinda told them I didn't want to cook
We have some sibleing problems this year between sisters
and I'm tired of trying to find peace keep peace or make peace so I told my hubby I am not going to go through it anymore..But Your Welcome I'd rather see you and your Zoo then agureing with 40 something year olds
I'm sure everything will work out
I'll bring the WHOLE CLAN!
Including the kids!

I don't blame you for not wanting to be around them. I'm SOO happy my sister's are 1,000 miles away from me. I haven't spoken to them in literally YEARS! I talk to my brother a couple times a month. Him and I have the same mom but different dad's and he's 11 years older then me.. we get along very well.
My sisters are 8 and 9 years older then me. We have the same dad but different mom. We HATE each other. They think I'm a spoiled rotten brat (which I am, I won't deny that
) But we never had a good relationship.