Picture - Help! Strange Blister On Lip

catloversf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 3 year old cat has had this strange blister for at least 3 weeks. It isn't healing. Anyone seen this before? What is the treatment. I suppose I should see the vet about this. Any advice is much appreciated.

Also not that she has a sand paper tongue...the roughest tongue I have ever seen in a cat.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that could be caused by a tooth abscess and is probably painful. I would get her to a vet for proper treatment.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At the very least it is extremely painful, related to an infection, and cause for prompt Veterinary care. Cats can also develop oral cancer, in which case, immediate intervention is required. This must be so awful for her. Please take your little girl to her Vet for a thorough exam and diagnosis in order to learn her best plan of treatment. Please do let us know what you learn at the Vet and how your little one is feeling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloversf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your advice! I will bring her to the vet today.

I just joined this forum....this was first post. Great forum!

Thanks.

ulualoha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!

I have two kitties (they are related, mom and her baby) that have the rodent ulcer condition. Someone was nice enough to write the correct scientific spelling for it. The nickname rodent ulcer came about as they used to think cats got it from eating rodents. Which is not true. There really is nothing they can do for it, at least that was the last thing I was told. It can also affect their neck area too. My one kitty Timber has patches of exposed skin with no hair anymore from when she had the ulcers on her neck. The good news is that neither of them have had it for quite a while. Your vet might be able to give you a saave to put on it to protect the exposed areas. It's nothing to be too worried about. It just looks ugly.

Wishing you the best with your baby....write back if you have more questions...
Terri

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloversf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So It was rodent ulcer. Everything online said it was probably cause by allergies and the allergen was fleas. So I put some advantage on her and low and behold the ulcer is gone! thanks a lot!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloversf

So It was rodent ulcer. Everything online said it was probably cause by allergies and the allergen was fleas. So I put some advantage on her and low and behold the ulcer is gone! thanks a lot!!
They can recur, so check her mouth every week. Food or pollen allergies can also trigger EGC. One thing you could also do is supplement her diet with Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, by piercing and squeezing one 500 mg. fish oil capsule over her food. The dosage is one capsule per day for up to 6 weeks while she's having trouble, and one capsule per week for "maintenance". Check that the brand you get has both Omega 3 and 6, as some just have 3. The recommended brand where I live is "Ameu", but that might only be available in Europe.

felinelover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just joined the forum too and am amazed at the knowledgable folks in here.
Trying to catch up with some of the different threads. Glad I found you guys ! The cats in my siggi are my precious babies. Bam is a Main Coon and Boo is a "Siamese wanna-be".
Thanks.....Karin