Please help, looking for a home made cranberry sauce recipe!?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm i can check when i get home, and look in my mother stuff to see.
but i bet someone post something before then

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm i can check when i get home, and look in my mother stuff to see.
but i bet someone post something before then
Please do if you can. I love to cook and have a lot of recipes in my head, but crannberry sauce is not something I feel I could just "wing it" if ya know what I mean! TX

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this recipe for Cranberry Sauce - just made it today

I should be heading off to bed...but here you go!

12 oz. fresh cranberries (usually one bag)
1/4-1/3 cup real maple syrup
grated rind, and juice of one orange
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon

Wash and drain the cranberries. Remove any soft or discolored berries, and any leaves or stems.
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan, and cook on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring, until the cranberries have popped and the sauce is thick.

Serve hot or cold.

This is just the best - turned me into someone who likes cranberry sauce, previously, I didn't.

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I love this recipe for Cranberry Sauce - just made it today

I should be heading off to bed...but here you go!

12 oz. fresh cranberries (usually one bag)
1/4-1/3 cup real maple syrup
grated rind, and juice of one orange
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon

Wash and drain the cranberries. Remove any soft or discolored berries, and any leaves or stems.
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan, and cook on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring, until the cranberries have popped and the sauce is thick.

Serve hot or cold.

This is just the best - turned me into someone who likes cranberry sauce, previously, I didn't.
I thought about making cranberry sauce but then decided to heck with it. Since I'm just cooking for me it wasn't worth the trouble so I bought a can of cranberry sauce. Well now I look at your recipe and it sounds so good I'm going to have to go to the store again and get the ingredients! Darn you Pat!

Well I just got back from the store and I can say that between the cost of the cardamom
and the maple syrup, this will without a doubt be the the most expensive cranberry sauce I've ever had!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2C Cider
2C White sugar
.25C water
1 Cinamon Stick (about 3 inches long)
2 bags Cranberries

MAKE THE DAY BEFORE OR UP TO 3 DAYS AHEAD

in a medium-large saucepan (Non reactive!!!!!) pour cider, sugar, water, and Cinamon Stick. Heat on Medium, stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved and liquid is simmering. Pour in cranberries and return to a simmer, cooking for 10 minutes or until most (not all) the berries are exploded, stirring occasionally. Let sit until room temperature, then refridgerate overnight. Remove cinamon stick before serving.

So GOOOD! We've been eating it since we made it, lol! It just gets better and better

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SchwarzeKatz

I thought about making cranberry sauce but then decided to heck with it. Since I'm just cooking for me it wasn't worth the trouble so I bought a can of cranberry sauce. Well now I look at your recipe and it sounds so good I'm going to have to go to the store again and get the ingredients! Darn you Pat!

Well I just got back from the store and I can say that between the cost of the cardamom
and the maple syrup, this will without a doubt be the the most expensive cranberry sauce I've ever had!
The nice thing is, you can sure find other uses for the maple syrup, and I can find other recipes for you that use cardamom...though I expect my bottle of this to last quite sometime!

It's really, really good sauce though...hope you will think so too!!

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Well........I made it, it made the house smell really good - that plus the Apple Brown Betty I made for some friends.
The maple syrup wasn't sweet enough to offset the sourness of the cranberries though IMO. Talk about pucker lol. I had to add some sugar. Other than that it has a good flavor.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SchwarzeKatz

Well........I made it, it made the house smell really good - that plus the Apple Brown Betty I made for some friends.
The maple syrup wasn't sweet enough to offset the sourness of the cranberries though IMO. Talk about pucker lol. I had to add some sugar. Other than that it has a good flavor.
Glad you like it overall
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The nice thing is, you can sure find other uses for the maple syrup, and I can find other recipes for you that use cardamom...though I expect my bottle of this to last quite sometime!

Don't forget to put that little bottle of "gold" (the cardamom) in the freezer. Keeps much better there. Do you like to spice your coffee while it's brewing? Cardamom is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOnnnnnderful! Also, it's in the ginger family, and goes well in any place where you might use ginger, but would like the flavour a little more subtle.

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Thanks, you too! (don't know if you needed me to say that but it seemed rude not to lol
)

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Cardamom is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOnnnnnderful! Also, it's in the ginger family, and goes well in any place where you might use ginger, but would like the flavour a little more subtle.
When I cook rice I put about 3 cardamom seeds in the water - it gives just a lovely hint of flavour - especially good with curried foods.