should i keep it.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So for the last 3 days i kept hearing a little meow coming from the around the house, always right before i left for work(of course its dark out) i looked around when i got home but never found anything. however tonight as i went to leave for work as i open the door to the garage a little dark thing ran in the garage and under some bags.

heeh it really did not take long to get it out, it looks like a little gray kitty with black stripes. at least in the bad light of the garage at night that is what it looked like. hmm still dont know if it male or female yet. but as soon as i picked it up, it started trying to play with the strings on my coat
. So i am thinking, to take it to the vet when the office is open and get it checked out. then the question is do i keep it or try to find a home.

PS: i have never had a kitten before, i have always got them around 8 months or older

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can afford the bills and care, I say keep it!!! This coming from a woman who said we would NEVER have more than 1 cat in the house.I now have 5.LOL!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha, yea, the plan was 2 cats and a dog. but we seem to keep adding cats

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You added a poll.So, I voted YES keep it.
LOL!!! I have 4 skin kids,5 cats and a dog.
But, I am DONE with adding to our family!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ahaha, well, it seems the poll is 100% to keep so far

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you expect anything different on The CAT Site? Of course you should keep it, if it is financially feasible and emotionally healthy for all involved.
And it's very rare that it isn't emotionally healthy to add another bundle of furry love to one's family.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can think of only one possible reason not to keep this baby: if you were to find that he/she has a family and is just lost. Failing that, what are you waiting for?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i was kinda thinking of keeping it, even more so cause i never had a kitten

i would guess the age to be 8 weeks maybe a little older. i live in the middle of no where. So you see dropped off animals all the time. but his is the first one that has moved itself in,

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep it!
You can give that baby such a wonderful and loving home!
/ Just be sure to keep it seperate from your other furbabies until it has been tested by a vet

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep it obviously but only if it does not already have an owner- I had a cat stolen when growing up

Kittens are great, I find it hard to believe this might be your first

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok ok, you talked me into it(not that i really need that much talking to)

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep it! But try to find out if it has a home first. If in a week noone has claimed it them its yours!! Congrats!!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your new little angel! I say this because from the way you spoke you get animals dumped often and so I think this is the case with your new addition also( I don't think he/she is a runaway). Congrats again may you have alots of happy memories together!!!