Working on Turkey Day

xangelicxnekox

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Uhg, this will be my first thanksgiving where Im not w/my parents.
I work at the PetsHotel and everyone has to come in that day but I was kinda hoping they would've maybe skipped me? Or at least have me work 9-5 instead of 1-9! Im trying so hard not to be bummed but I can't help it.
Even if we are having a lil thanksgiving thing at work that still doesn't help.

Is anybody else working on Turkey Day too?

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear you have to work. It's one of the two days we actually get to close the restaurant. I'm stoked, because it's also the start of my vacation!!!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am. And Friday too. Long normal days. Today I got off early because they had a "family day" instead of thanksgiving because they didnt want Kaidence at the thanksgiving dinner. So I have him all day Thursday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xangelicxnekox

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lucky you Jugen on your vacation.
Sorry about you having to work w/Kaidence 4cats.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not have to work this year but I have in previouse years.. I have Thanksgiving Balogna Sandwiches one year! Oh so yum!!
It's ok, you will get through it and since they are making everyone work it is fair too!! But I know it still sucks, we'll be thinking of ya!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't do Thanksgiving here, but Nate is working over Christmas again, so I feel for you

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I work in a hospital and people don't get better for holidays, so I'll be there! I'll probably be working christmas too if it makes you feel better....

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all the time, I dont even remember the last time i had that day off
12 hours. that day, that is if people show up to let me go home.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My job involves working shift work and quite often I work on the holidays. For Christmas we can either ask for Christmas or New Years off, but you have to work one or the other. I'm single without kids so I usually trade with someone who has kids and let them have the day off and work the shift. Plus I don't mind the double time income!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a stay at home Mom,so I always work!!
But, DH is off for the first time in over 3 years.For the last 2 years, he's also worked on Christmas day.

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i worked last year on thanksgiving day, so this year i put in to have off
sorry you have to work, maybe next year you should say your going out of town for a few days and get 2-3 days off??? just a thought. i hope you have a good turkey day tho

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XangelicxnekoX

Uhg, this will be my first thanksgiving where Im not w/my parents.
I work at the PetsHotel and everyone has to come in that day but I was kinda hoping they would've maybe skipped me? Or at least have me work 9-5 instead of 1-9! Im trying so hard not to be bummed but I can't help it.
Even if we are having a lil thanksgiving thing at work that still doesn't help.

Is anybody else working on Turkey Day too?
We are in the exact same boat, except I'm doing overnight at the hotel from 9pm-6am... tomorrow-sunday. So needless to say, I totally feel your pain

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sucks. It would be a major bummer to get stuck working on Thanksgiving. My job doesn't require thanksgiving work. I always spend Thanksgiving eatting good food with my family. I'd hate to miss that.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad usually has to work Thanksgiving or Christmas sometimes both. But that is ok with us because usually he volunteers so that his coworkers with a family with young kids can spend the holidays with their dad.