someone broke in

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BF got home today to find our front door locks broken and the door frame broken away

Thankfully the kitties are all ok (Magnum probably scared them away) and they didn't get much - but they made some mess and everything feels so unsafe now

I think it bothers me more that they didn't get much, but they bothered to take my mouse (from both computers) and while they missed the credit card I had stupidly left at home they emptied our change jar... it just seems wrong that they would go to such lengths to take nothing

They even took one of the SS pressies out of the box - I guess they aren't cat lovers because it wasn't a cat thing... and I am so glad my BF came home early because he was supposed to be away until tomorrow night but they finished up early as they have to go back there again anyway

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thieves make me so mad.
At least your kitties are ok and you didn't walk in on the thieves and get in a confrontation. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Oh Eithne! You and Jeff must feel so violated! I'm just glad that the important things are OK - you and Jeff and the cats!!!
to both of you.
Violated. Exactly. Been there and I know the feeling.
to you both, and to your sweet boys, too.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How awful!
I'm glad that you and the kits are okay.

They took the mice from the computers?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How scary for you both!!!
I know I would be beside myself if I were in your place. Ever since we moved into a house I've been scared of that happening.

I spoke to a cop once about break and enters. Many times they are only looking for one thing to steal (ie: diamonds, stereos etc.) and will leave everything else at the place. Maybe that's the case here.

(((Hugs))) to you. Thank goodness the cats are ok!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This time of year brings out the thieves I'm sorry to say.
I'm just glad that you, Jeff and your kitties are ok. I hope that the police will catch whoever did this soon. Sending you "feel safe vibes" so you'll be able to deal with this a little bit better. It is truely an invasion of your life and privacy when something like this happens.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, didn't your credit card just get scammed too??!!

That is too weird...and what a invasion of your privacy, it feels awful doesn't it?

I am sorry, I'm glad your kits are alright though.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is just terrible.
I to am glad your bf came home early, I wouldnt be able to spend the night alone if someone came into my home.
I am glad nothing to expensive or important was taken. It seems the holidays really bring out the ruthless and the crazy.
God bless you and try and relax.

I bet magnum gave him a good scare, I mean I bet he was all like 'hey, who are you? no no you better not touch that...get out...oh now you made me mad..now i gotta show you my teeth and snarl a bit at you...arrrrhhhh!"
well at least if i was magnum i would have said that.

take care sweetie!

ashe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
definately not cool. I'm glad you and your cats are ok. I hope they catch the jerks.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad Matt came home early
I can understand why you feel violated, and I hope you can feel secure in your home again real soon.

I'm glad the kitties are all OK.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I am so glad the you and the cats are ok. My BIL had his place broken into and had guns and DVDs stolen. Fortunately the police found these idiots before anything happened with the guns.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for you. I hope you start feeling safe soon and try not to be perinoid about it. When my car was stolen I felt so violated, they took things that mattered to me. To this day I lock the car doors the minute I get in.
I am so glad the kitties are okay.
Snuggle up with them and feel secure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We moved here because it is safer than where we lived, and gave up having a nice sized townhouse for a smaller (still large for an apartment) apartment.

Our landlord said when he changed the locks Magnum was hissing at him so I guess he is trying to act like the tough guy he thinks he is and protected our stuff... he tends not to be very nice to strangers and may have been the reason they didn't stick around so he gets extra treats tonight.

I would have thought they would have taken my digital camera, they took Matt's old and cheap one - but mine is sitting on my desk, or all the other electronics. My diamond necklace is gone and a ring my mum gave me when I moved here (so much for not wearing them to keep them safe
), but other than that, just a lot of mess and the mice off the computers, the change jar and some cash that we leave in the kitchen for grabbing coffees / paying the paper boy etc

I called and cancelled our credit cards just in case as the statements were all on my desk to be paid

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you and your BF and the kitties are all ok.

That is the part that scares me most about the thought of buglars - what if the cats get hurt/scared/run off? It's a terrible thing to have happen in any case, but I feel such relief that you and yours are all safe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Um, didn't your credit card just get scammed too??!!
Nope, that was someone else (i think crittermom?)

Originally Posted by neetanddave

Anything they take can be replaced.
Yep, most of them already have been - the necklace and ring are not expensive really, but are irreplaceable - the rest we already went out and replaced as I need my computer.

I HATE this mouse though and need to go look for another at the weekend

OH and whoever you are the damn mouse doesn't work without the receiver!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry this happened to you.
Thank goodness you, Matt and the kitties are safe.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no, that's horrible!!!! you poor thing
Given how little they took, I wonder if Matt coming home scared them off? Maybe they'd only just gotten in.

I'm so glad the kitties are ok. It scares me to death that someone would break in. I would hope if that happened they'd just hide somewhere, but if Lily got out I'd probably never see her again - her and Smudge don't know outside at all and would be terrified

Take care!!