Bengal kitten

sirius2k666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my mum has recently bought me a Bengal kitten (who is now 11 weeks old) for my upcoming birthday.i'd be very grateful if anyone could give me some advice on bengals ....(what to do and what not to do) as i've never had a cat before .

here he is

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks lovely! I believe bengals can be a bit of a handful but there are few on here who have bengals and I'm sure they'll be able to give you lots of advice. Does he have a name?

I hope you don't mind me asking (and I'm not criticising you or your mum here) but I'm a bit concerned that you have an 11 week old bengal as no reputable breeder will let them go before 13 weeks. Where did you get him from?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sirius2k666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yeh i thought i was a bit dodgy because they woman we bought him from sold him to my mother at 7 weeks and wasn't willing to keep him for me for more than 8 weeks , she also said that she had had 4 bengals originally but sold the 3 which included thwe father on. she sold the mother before she'd even fought homes for other kittens.....i was really dogdy but i didn't want to travel far to get him and the woman only lives down the road..... i took him to the vets and she said that there is nothing wrong with him and that he's perfectly healthy ....

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my what a little cutie-pie

Hopefully all is going to go well with the little fellow, did you manage to get the papers for his pedigree?

Do keep us updated with how he is getting on..........and of course MORE PHOTOS

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a doll face! I hate to burst anyone bubble but he looks more like a domestic tabby than a bengal. Either way I'm sure he'll have a happy home. It's good that your wanting to educate yourself on being owned by a cat.

sirius2k666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I hate to burst anyone bubble but he looks more like a domestic tabby than a bengal.
no he's definately a Bengal ...his mother was a snow and father what a silver spot ,

no the breeder didn't have the papers back yet and is going to forward them on.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 2 Bengal's. My female is pretty mellow, really, but my male is a REAL handful. My boy, who is probably more typical loves crinkle balls, he loves to play fetch. Both Bengal's are very vocal.

It tend to agree with twstychik. To me, your baby looks part Bengal, but not like a purebred. Of course that may be because he is still in the fuzzy stage. Most Bengal's are either spotted or marbled and your kitty looks like a typical tabby striped kitty. Could be the spots aren't showing up because of the angle you've taken the picture. He's a cute little thing, though.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I have 2 Bengal's. My female is pretty mellow, really, but my male is a REAL handful. My boy, who is probably more typical loves crinkle balls, he loves to play fetch. Both Bengal's are very vocal.

It tend to agree with twstychik. To me, your baby looks part Bengal, but not like a purebred. Of course that may be because he is still in the fuzzy stage. Most Bengal's are either spotted or marbled and your kitty looks like a typical tabby striped kitty. Could be the spots aren't showing up because of the angle you've taken the picture. He's a cute little thing, though.
I agree with Hope He looks more Tabby to me ...But he's a doll no metter what he is

sirius2k666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
he is going through a fuzzy stage,you can't really see his makings from the pic but he's got spots everywhere and his underneath is cream...his mother what a definate bengal not to sure about the father as far as i kno he was a silver spot bengal could possibly be a silver tabby

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the help of your additional photos, I'd say you definately have a bengal.
He's still in his fuzzy uglies, but his coat will clear up in the coming weeks/months.
Congrats on your new addition, hope you get your reg. paperwork from the breeder.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sirius2k666

AAACCCKKKKKK!!!!! Kitty Belly!!! Please please please give it kisses for me!

He's adorable! Looks like your baby is going through the fuzzies.

I'm getting a bengal soon too. Bengals are generally pretty active cats, so be prepared to get a workout as he'll likely keep you on your toes!

Congrats on the new addition too! Hope to hear more from you (I'm sure you'll have plenty of stories to tell)!

Tiffany

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tiffanyjbt

AAACCCKKKKKK!!!!! Kitty Belly!!! Please please please give it kisses for me!
Oh I agree. Kitty bellies are just irresistable!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awe he is just sooo adorable, eventually i want to get bengal but currently i am all maxed out as kitties go lol
i would love more tho haha, but your little guy is just too cute i am in
lol, and that belly o my lol

seaneka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most bengals love water. Mine doesnt but shes an oddball.

Bengals also have split personalities. A very hyper active one and then a Im the laziest thing in the world one.

I would definetly read up on bengals, they are a unique breed.

As well, it may not be an option but having a bengal most breeders and I reccomend getting a second cat. Bengals need play mates, and ones that can keep up with them. They are high energy guys!